Hourly pay dilemma when running local.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Canadianhauler21, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Canadianhauler21

Canadianhauler21 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2017
    I don't care what you think I am. I really care what some guy on an online forum thinks about me.

Anyways I'm done replying to this thread. You can all go die mad about me following my work schedules. All you guys like to do is ##### and complain, the only thing truckers are actually good at in life.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. heavylaul

heavylaul Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2022
    You sound like you care lots and you’re so defensive right now. Lol it seems like you got all the legalities down for how you can get away with being a sh!!y employee but can’t put that effort into being an honest member of the team. Good luck to ya bud.

4. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    What's even the point in having a reference if they can't tell the truth about employee? Telling the truth about an employee isn't "petty." So this boss doesn't care, you can sit on a load for 3 months and you're not being paid more than the 5 hours or whatever it takes to actually get it done, it's no skin off his dick.

5. Stone Express

Stone Express Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2013
    I got a temporary hourly trucking job about 20 years ago.

It was an account at night with the company’s own product. The first night an instructor went with me and told me how to milk the run as all the other drivers were doing. He more or less warned me not to burn through the night.

I thought, these guys are not going to like me.

I ended up only being there for 2 weeks, but stayed on task all night while I was there. Funny thing, the boss was giving runs that I was told only went to guys that had been there a while.

6. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    An interesting read. You come here asking a question and then make judgements about those answering your questions.

Having said that, it’s really up to the boss. If he is expecting you to work for each hour paid, then yes, you are stealing from him.

But if he is saying I’m making good money off of this contract and willing to basically pay a day rate no matter how productive the 15 drivers are, then it’s fine to slow roll it.

Main point being both boss and employee are in agreement about how you get paid for doing what services.

ZVar, jmz and Rubber duck kw Thank this.
  7. Garththomas

Garththomas Light Load Member

Feb 10, 2017
    As long as your not clogging up the road going 10 or 15km slower than traffic so you can get your hrs. Like some hourly guys do

8. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    I see you’ve met snackbar. Lol

9. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    It sounds like you missed your calling.My advise is give your notice you are definitely teamster material.Go to work ride the clock for hour work 2 hours take a nap for an hour work 2 more hours take a hour lunch.and so on for the day

10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I don’t. Some of us want to get our work done and go home.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.