How’s the LTL sector doing where you’re at?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by McUzi, Mar 1, 2020.

1. USMC 3531

USMC 3531 Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Sorry but I don't share your enthusiasm, you see a hiccup, I see a certain Chinaman by the name of Xi Jinping who his rubbing his hands together and saying "wow this worked better than we thought " as far as I am concerned this wet market theory is non sense, yeah a wet market that just happened to be in a town that is known to research and develop bio weapons, oh and just happened to have a little accident during our election time, and just happened to sideline a whole U.S Navy carrier, and a U.S. Marine Corps commandant who publicly touting that they will begin the process of overhauling and revamping the entire force specifically for a war with China, yep I hope your right, I hope it's just a hiccup.

Opus, skinnytrucker and Digman943 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Yeah I’d wait til this virus thing is over. Being bottom of a board or on Extraboard if the economy takes a dump isn’t good. My friends were on extra board at Reddaway in 08 they said one month they worked 1-2 days. OD is already laying off.

Danny707 Thanks this.
  4. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    it’s funny a lot of people can’t go acouple hours without food. Now their just sitting at the house eating every 10 minutes out of boredom. When they hoarded the stores they bought mostly junk food. No wonder they need that much tp. Lol.

5. USMC 3531

Dec 11, 2016
    Haha, don't forget the drinking, I am no judge , I love my beers, but there has to be some mean 4 or 5 day drunks going on out there right now, I don't want to even imagine the splitting headache hangovers that are probably happening.

MACK E-6, tommymonza and Radman Thank this.
  6. USMC 3531

Dec 11, 2016
    Yeah, don't make any moves right now, especially having a sure thing, it's true certain segments of the trucking are thriving in this #### right now, but others like LTL unfortunately are just starting to take a hit, I am taking it day by day, but prepping myself for possible furlough in a event it happens.

Danny707 Thanks this.
  7. LTL Bull

LTL Bull Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2020
    Nope. This little fiasco is going to sink that no good tinpot dictator. They could barely contain Hong Kong before this. Not a company one will leave their supply chain in the grips of the Chicoms when this is over. Xi has lost the "mandate of heaven" in the eyes of the peasants. Every time that has happened in the past, the regime has not survived. They will fall under their own weight. Chernobyl helped lead to the collapse of the Soviet Creature, this economic fiasco will lead to the collapse of the PLA, and if we're lucky, the crackpot despotic theocrats in Tehran

Opus and skinnytrucker Thank this.
  8. USMC 3531

Dec 11, 2016
    Sounds great if it happens, myself I am a little more apprehensive.

9. LTL Bull

LTL Bull Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2020
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best. Not a Marine myself but a combat vet nonetheless. Lock and load if it gets to s*****, but I don't think we are going to the brink in this one. I fear the sheeple's quiver in place mentality more than Xi on this one. A lot of people letting the D.C. and governors telling them what to do and not even questioning it. That scares me.

BigDog Trucker, jtaran06 and USMC 3531 Thank this.
  10. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    I WAS being petty. But I also felt justified by the principle of things.

11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I hear you.

I brought back a delivery Thursday that was mistakenly shipped to a billing address when the real address was roughly 10 miles away. I had 21 other stops and frankly, I’m sick of people that can’t get their #### together, so they can pay for reconsignment.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.