how can i get Wifi in my truck

Discussion in 'Cellular - Voice - Data' started by HammerDownISX, May 4, 2014.

1. duke8076

duke8076 Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Texas
    Thank you for reaching out to us, Robert. We are able to make recommendations for our systems based on numerical readings, rather than distance from the tower. There are always situations that surprise us with signal, so it is much easier to use the readings. If you could tell me which phone you have, I can suggest and app that will get us those readings. This will also tell us which booster will work for you, and what kind of coverage you can expect from it. I look forward to your reply, and hope you are having a great day.

Best,

Stephanie Lively | Customer Support Representative
    [​IMG]
    formerly Wilson Electronics

weBoost | 3301 East Deseret Dr | St. George, UT 84790
    tel 866.294.1660 | direct 435.986.6261
    slively@weboost.com | www.weboost.com

dedrouteCO Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cetane+

Cetane+ Road Train Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Albany, NY
    You guys can buy the true unlimited data plans off of fleabay for about a hundred bucks. Then you just add a plan to it for your talk time. I have unlimited talk, text, unthrottled data for $138, including tax, per month.

4. duke8076

duke8076 Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Texas
    fleabay?...........

5. Cetane+

Sep 29, 2013
    Albany, NY
    A large online auction site, take out the first f, l, and a. :biggrin_25523:

6. dedrouteCO

dedrouteCO Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2015
    Vail, CO
  7. Cetane+

Sep 29, 2013
    Albany, NY
    What ever the phone you have uses. Mine is a Gs5 that has 4LTE. I also had a crap Iphone 6 that was supposedly 4LTE, but I finally got to smash that junk when I got the s5.

8. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Watch yourself with Samsung phones...I have had 2 different models (S3 and Note 3) just suddenly wipe the SDcard for no reason. I lost 2+ gig of music, a gig of pic's and untold gig's of back up data the other night. Woke up and an SDcard icon was on the screen...I clicked on it and it said "empty sdcard inserted, format y/n?"....something about the new Android update is f'g sdcards up. If you have a newer Sammy, back it up to a computer or the cloud...don't trust the sdcard backup. This is the last Samsung phone I will ever own!

9. dedrouteCO

dedrouteCO Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2015
    Vail, CO
    I just talked with a Verizon rep and they said you have to be in the same area as the person selling the plan to transfer it because you need to show ID. So I guess you have to do it at a physical location? They also said they'd be weary of buying one on Ebay but I don't know how you'd confirm the legitimacy.

10. Cetane+

Sep 29, 2013
    Albany, NY
    So you asked someone in a call center that is trained like a lab rat on how to respond to someone wanting unlimited data? Yea, I did it, and two different people I know did it before me, Rustee has two if those accounts he bought. Its called assumption of liability. The old unlimited data accounts are transferable. Mine was from a woman in IL, I payed, she sent me the phone number, started the transfer on her end, and I bought a crap iphone6 and finished the process. I dont like fleabay, but if you look at the listing and read the description, then message back and forth any questions you have. You dont need to worry about your money. Pay with your CC through paypal, IF you feel you got ripped off, just call your CC customer service and dispute the charge, you will get your money back. I have done it, as have many others.

11. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    I had the S3 and Note 3. S3 was a cruddy phone. I liked the HTC EVO 3d much better. Both out dated 4g phones. Verizon no longer supports 4g. Only LTE. 4G and 4G LTE are two incompatible services. If you have an older 4g phone on Verizon or ATT it will revert to 3G. They did up the bandiwdth of 3G to compensate.

I liked the Note Note 3 better then the Note 4 I have now. Note 3 had better battery life. 4 has a better camera and does some neat smiley things... I dont really need all that. No problems with any of the Notes. Data loss fro SD card usually happens when using the cheaper SD cards. I had same thing happen with a card on multiple devices. Tossed it and bought a name brand. Problem solved. Least that was my experience.

Hurst

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.