How is hartland??anyone know

Discussion in 'Heartland' started by leftlane71, Jun 2, 2010.

1. leftlane71

leftlane71 Bobtail Member

May 30, 2010
    port richey fla
    I have a job offer,can anyone give me some insight thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JadedHauler74

JadedHauler74 Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Yes.If low miles,rude and incompetent dispatchers,burning up in your truck don't bother you,go for it.Will you be regional or system?Some regional drivers get home every 2-3 weeks for a 34 hr reset.You may get a 9400 to start with,but once the switch you to a Prostar,they wont idle between 55-77 degrees.77 degrees outside is like 95 inside,so keep that in mind

4. Klown

Klown Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Satellite Beach, Fl
    Ill let you know leftlane im starting orientation on monday for the Jax regional.

5. losttrucker

losttrucker Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2008
    greenville,nc
    77 degrees isn't hot enough to idle. I really wish NO ONE could idle between 40-80 degrees....unless you need a medical device. Buy one of those 12volt fans.

6. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    My dispatcher is good.
    No rude people yet, and I have been here since Oct.
    My truck will not idle when I do not need it too. Issue comes when I am well over that and it does not want too.
    Miles are low for full OTR, but I get home almost every weekend. On week 8 now home every one. I have had I believe 3 weeks under 2000 miles. And all were due to waiting on maintenance.
    Most weeks are 2200-2400.
    So If I work for .40 and you work for .35.
    I run 2500 miles I make 1000.
    You run 3000 you make 1050.
    I am home every weekend, you are home once a month.

We each work how we like. Heartland is an ok match for me. I prefer to run less and get paid more for what I do. You prefer to be paid less for what you do. That is ok, we are all different.

7. JadedHauler74

JadedHauler74 Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2010
    I told Heartland to shove it,am now working for a small company,i bring home 700-900 a week hauling scrap and I'm home most nights.No more complaints from me.Oh,the 12v fan would have worked,i have one,but i had crap batteries,and it would die after a couple of hrs.Shop wouldnt replace them,so there i sat

8. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    A friend of mine lives in Jacksonville Florida and drives for Heartland. He does okay but it's all short loads (higher pay per mile so it evens out) but he spends half his time sitting around far from home. They require you to sit in line upon entering terminals for an inspection which you will do quite a bit as you must fuel at the terminals. This can eat up your whole day and is a result of idiot drivers in the past driving with 17 wheels and no lights, I would imagine. He has a nice Prostar and a good driver manager. The deal killer for me would be the home time. A 34 hour restart at home every 2 or 3 weeks is all your going to get. No life, they own you. It would never work for me but to each their own.

9. ChromeDome

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I had a guy talking trash to me about Heartland the other day when he heard that I worked for them.
    He was like "1500 miles a week, home once a month for 2 days, #%*# them. I know how they are, you are lying, I know better".
    All I could do was say to him, hey I am sorry that was your experience with them. I have not had that same experience. He blew me off and kept talking trash like I was lying.
    People like that piss me off. For one thing I am not, and never have been a lier. And it really pisses me off when someone calls me one.
    Sure, he may have had a bad experience with them. I have met a few drivers working for them that have had his experience. I have not had it though, and many that I talk to have not.
    Sure, you are not running 3000 miles every week. But heck, if I can make almost the same money running less miles, and being home more. I would rather do that.

Oh, and yes the inspection bays suck. They are much better now than they use to be though. We get most of our fuel at pilot now, so we are not in terminals as much. This helps to keep the lines down and helps to keep you out of them more.
    They did lower the miles for A services though. They are set at every 7000 miles, but if you are over 5000 you will get pulled in for one if at a terminal. So plan for an A service every other week.

10. giants14701

giants14701 Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Jamestown,ny
    Chrome are u the heartland I see parked at kwick fill when I take my hometime

11. ChromeDome

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    Yes, that would be me.
    I am there almost every weekend. Are you the Rohel?
    I am actually thinking of ending my time with Heartland. I have to have a long talk with dispatch next week. The short miles are killing me. I am loosing 200+ miles each week, and some weeks are allot more. I will loose 200 miles in 2 days if I am hauling in and out of Chicago. Since we have to go around the tolls in Indiana and OH.
    Looking at Crete since most local company's are not hiring at the moment.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.