How many drivers is the Shelby DC looking to add?

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by mike3fan, Apr 30, 2019.

1. interpreter

interpreter Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2013
    OK so I called Shelby, they said I had to speak to someone in corporate. Called 1-800-Walmart and every option ended in a dead end, no live human to speak with, finally looked up the corporate office on google maps to get the local number. Called there, was hung up on, then called back and was routed to another menu that had no options remotely close to the person I needed to speak with... question, is that how it works for y’all on the inside? If so, I don’t know if this is the right place for me... I can handle a corporate led environment, I cannot abide corporate tone deafness.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    maybe some of the most recent hires on here has a number

interpreter Thanks this.
  4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    If a company flat out just hung up on me with that kind of rudeness, i wouldn't give them the light of day..speaks volumes about mgt

interpreter Thanks this.
  5. interpreter

interpreter Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Idk but it felt like that receptionist at corporate did it on purpose too... I’m kinda rethinking my priorities...

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  6. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    you got to get ahold of one of the driver recruiters. i will tell you this, they maybe filled already. alot of times they keep pulling from the app list.

7. mike3fan

mike3fan Medium Load Member

Jun 2, 2010
    michigan
    I can tell you this, no one I have ever talked to here, was hired by calling bentonville.

Put in your app, when called go through the process, there is no other way.

If they haven’t called there is a reason, either others applied first and are in process or they have filled the positions by transfer.

If they have your app, that’s it nothing else to be done on your end until contacted.

foggy, Payingdues and MilkyJay Thank this.
  8. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    Welcome to Truckin! Be prepared to get cussed at, called names, cry....

Walmart probably gets 25 apps a day.. so I mean tryin to fill 5 positions, who do you pick when everybody has 100 years experience..You gonna have to butter that lady up... Call her and tell her she has the most beautiful voice and that you wanna buy her flowers...

Nervous Nelly and yorkt Thank this.
  9. MilkyJay

MilkyJay Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Everywhere you want to be
    That's funny because when i called my dc before i transferred they said i had to talk to an hr manager or gtm. None of which were available at the time. Next person up to talk to would be regional which was Doug Estrada at the time and he's the one would told me to call him personal before i had a year in. Magically, an opening online was posted and i filled it right up. Not sure why someone told you to call corporate about staffing. And for the record, when i talked to this dc to begin with, i never identified myself as a current fleet driver. Hr has answers to questions such as that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.