How often do you get your truck washed?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Code Red NV, May 25, 2016.

1. Crazytrucker77

Crazytrucker77 Heavy Load Member

Nov 23, 2014
    Grants Pass, OR
    I wash mine twice a month. Once on my companies dime and once on mine. A basic wash of the tractor at blue beacon is $45. If you want them to put polish on the aluminum or wash the engine then it's extra. Most mom and pop places are between $35 and $50 for the tractor only just depends on where you go. I also spray down my truck at home and put some bug repellent on it. It helps keep the bugs from sticking to the truck as bad.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. diesellover22

diesellover22 Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2013
    Western u.s
    Usually when im taking home time, or im at the terminal and have time, no set schedule can be whenever. In the winter it gets washed less till its super ashy white

4. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Generac 2800 PSI (Gas - Cold Water) Pressure Washer ~
    ^ If you are are a tanker yanker, the options are a little more limited, and rigorous, LoL. Depends on what are you hauling, van? The tractor is the EASY part to wash, in my world, LoL! I use one of these for the tractor, and the tank too, actually. Worth the dimes. Once a week here, btw. Be safe and update your WP!

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  5. sliver

sliver Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2015
    idaho
    Guess I'm the only one who wastes his time washing! #### I love a clean truck! Maybe I need a hobby! LOL!!

TheDudeAbides, boneebone and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    If you like to scrub, SCRUB, on trucks, just become a mixer driver, its in a perpetual state of wash.
    I got my Volvo washed once a month. $65 with the company's trailer that went with me everywhere, that they would not pay for, but I didn't care, otherwise it would look like sh**.

7. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Why warsh it ? It just goin to get dirty agan.

Not referring to CMV. But it blows me away the amount of nice 5-7 year old cars down here with mold and mildew growing on them that I see that have not been washed since new.

These are not in garages, they are in walmart parking lots and on the road.

5 minutes with my lawn sprayer with bleach would transform them into a new car.

If the outside of the car is that bad can't imagine what the inside of the car or their home looks like.

8. QuietMike

QuietMike Medium Load Member

Oct 21, 2009
    NE Ohio
    Mine gets washed every weekend by the guys in our shop while I'm on hometime.

9. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    Just washed it yesterday and only had it 2 weeks. Will have to see how long I keep that up.

Company only pays for a wash every 50k but has a diy wash bay at the yard.

10. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    Every 2 weeks. Company paid

11. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Since it's my own truck, I carry a 50' Garden Hose, Telescoping Scrub Brush, Hose Sprayer, Plastic Bucket, Sponge, Car Wash Soap and Degreaser in my side box and wash it when I know it isn't going to rain in the next few days and when I have time to kill.

There's no way I'm going to spend $45 at a truck wash when 95% of the time they do a crappy job and don't even dry your truck off.

I also have clay barred and keep a coat of wax on the paint and keep the wheels polished.

I also believe it keeps the D.O.T off my back as I go through the Banning, CA C.H.P. scales at least three times a week and haven't been pulled in for a Inspection since 2006.

Also my truck is 15 years old and it will put any new or newer truck to shame as it looks as good or better then a 1 or 2 year old truck.

Last edited: May 26, 2016
    Lepton1, scottied67, BigSky and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.