How to get into Hauling supercars?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Sapphire_Glitter, May 23, 2023.

1. Sapphire_Glitter

Sapphire_Glitter Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2021
    Ok so i know there's many of these trucks that go down the road with these enclosed car trailers with luxury cars and supercars.

I wanna know
    1 does it pay well company side? Anything up to $1600+ a week?
    2 what are the experience requirements and does it typically require prior car hauling experience
    3 are these typically dedicated routes or can you drive all 48+ Canada?
    4 I've heard doing normal car hauling/car trailers isn't a good idea for tall/large people is this true?
    5 are there any serious securement annoyances? Whats the biggest fears when hauling higher end vehicles since the obvious high value?)
    6 are you required to wear a uniform with these jobs?
    7 is it fun to do this?

Any other information or comments about doing it would be appreciated, thanks in advance, love y'all keep truckin

Last edited: May 23, 2023
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    I ain’t in the field but my 2 cents if you don’t have any car hauling experience I’d start with a general car hauling business where mistakes are still costly but much cheaper than damaging a super or exotic car. I’d assume those vehicles are a headache to get off the trailer even with proper equipment just cause of how low to the ground they are.

Soltaker and Sapphire_Glitter Thank this.
  4. Sapphire_Glitter

Sapphire_Glitter Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2021
    Some of the research I've done had even said some of these cars aren't anywhere near covered for max freight insurance either.

5. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
  6. Tumbleweed TowMan

Tumbleweed TowMan Medium Load Member

Jun 22, 2022
    Not having a large enough insurance policy.

7. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    2. I seriously doubt they's let someone touch $100k+ cars without prior experience.

3. I presume you would typically be picking up and delivering in affluent areas, including residential neighborhoods. Once you've established a good reputation you might be able to work for some of the bidders at the high-end auctions or haul somebody's race car around to various tracks and shows.

4. A coworker of mine is easily 6 ft 2 and probably weighs 250. He said he had to be really careful getting in and out of cars so that he didn't bang the doors against the trailer.

5. If I were serving the kind of clientele who can afford a supercar I would be dressed in business casual, at a minimum.

kylefitzy and BennysPennys Thank this.
  8. RubyEagle

RubyEagle Medium Load Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Yeah a job for a smaller guy the sports cars are tiny inside

9. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    100k dollar cars are just Yukon Denalis and 1 ton pickups today, just saying.

10. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.