How to haul produce?

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by asphaltreptile311, May 18, 2019.

1. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    Be prepared to threaten to man the pallet jack yourself, and if they don't take you seriously then actually start to do it. The dock workers may not care about you, but they DO care about their jobs, and most customers would be livid to get a call from your company ripping into them for making the driver load/unload on pickups or deliveries that are supposed to be zero-touch. If making a store delivery, and said store is trying to prioritize a dry box over your perishables, ESPECIALLY if they're not the last stop, call back to the DC and have them rip into the store for their stupidity. That usually lights a fire under the upper management's ###

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    Metallica88 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I do some in my dry van. No issues. And actually loaded and unloaded faster than I ever did with a reefer.

That reefer stuff is very risky.

motocross25 Thanks this.
  4. Everett

Everett Crusty Shorts, What???

Oct 20, 2009
    Hampton,Ia
    Buy a good infrared gun and pulp thermometer do every box as if the buyer in case u are standing there ,i caught em in gulf of Mississippi bringing a load of bananas off the big boat ,they brought over to my door checked em ,i told not going on my trailer ,its was a hy vee load for iowa, so i called hy vee in iowa nope dont send em ,why becuse they was frozen ,that was a long day . But most of the time my load has these temp recorders in 3 different spots in the trl ,front back and middel ,so its very important to have a good produce chute, ether down the middel or the sides and is not damage in anyway.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.