How to report a drug using driver?

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by Leebsandcrock, Dec 3, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leebsandcrock

Leebsandcrock Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2023
    Been dating a driver for a while now and he is an addict who's getting worse. He's smart enough to use this that probably won't show up on tests, but he's blasted almost every day. And he drives much to long. His bosses don't seem to mind him driving too long but they don't know about the drugs. I'm honestly concerned about him and the other ppl on the road. I've tried talking to him, but it's useless. And suggestions would be most welcome!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
  4. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    I doubt US Express is letting him go over his hours like that. If it was a Chicago company I would believe it.

And what drugs is he “smart enough” to use that don’t show up? Some synthetic crap?

And the biggest question, why are you still with him? You said he’s an addict that is getting worse? Why would you bother?

5. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    Anyone with a habit that is out of control needs to be reported to both the company safety department and law enforcement. He evidently knows how to evade testing dirty and doesn't care who he might hurt or kill. For your safety and the safety of others yo need to report this addict immediately! Please take care of yourself and proceed as quickly as possible to stop this clown.

6. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Probably meth. Meth is out of the system in a few days, I think. Not sure what to say. I don't want to condone drugs, but I'm sure there are many falling through the cracks ( no pun intended) today. If it is meth, an awful drug. I did it for a short time, and while you won't yawn, it's nasty stuff. I knew a lot of OTR drivers that did SOME sort of drug to keep them awake, and rarely did they miss a pickup or delivery. Back then, making money was contingent on getting it there, and not sleeping on a ramp. The faster you could turn loads, the more money you made. Most bosses looked the other way, or were druggies themselves. As a regional driver mostly, drugs weren't for me, but I was shocked at how many drivers used something. The "toothpick", I heard, was for "Wis/California turn arounds". I wouldn't be so worried about risk to others, it's not LSD( unless it is :eek:) more of the health risks that show up later and don't kid yourself, the boss knows all about it.

Crude Truckin' and austinmike Thank this.
  7. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    Impossible….

When we turned in our Chauffeur license back in the early 90’s and grandfathered in with CDL’s, it was said that the CDL would help eliminate the drug using drivers!!!

So… if drivers are still using drugs, did something go wrong or was it all a big lie…?

Oh, and to answer the OP’s question, make someone aware of his condition while behind the wheel. What he does in his off time is his time unless it carries over into his drive time….

8. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Perhaps we shouldn't turn this into what a failure the war on drugs was, we can thank Nancy Reagan for that. I've known lots of people that used drugs, and they weren't monsters. Fact is, many "functioning" drug users, you'd never know it, many with perfect driving records. If the person here really has feelings for this driver, and hopes to "change them", good luck. In a situation like this, drugs come 1st, and if that's a problem, and sounds like it is, best to move on. 10-4,,

gentleroger and Diesel Dave Thank this.
  9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Seems now, if a driver is caught, their CDL is suspended and probably never drive again. SAP program doesn't seem to be successful.

10. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Sounds like an angry Ex wanting to blow up the other Ex. I wonder if the story is true?

11. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    If you’re a drug addict and you’re anticipating or you know that you could be randomly tested at any moment it’s pretty easy to get away with it. They really need to require all samples be observed during the sample collection. They literally sell kits that you can carry around on your person, that you just dump in the cup and hand back to the person and you will pass any test. Because it’s clean urine. Collected at the proper temperature.

We have so many dang crazy drivers on the road these days, they really do need to change things to get someone on drugs off of the road.

drvrtech77, navypoppop and beastr123 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.