Husband and wife team starting with R&L Carriers

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by IndianaMike, Sep 13, 2014.

1. iamchrisstone

iamchrisstone Light Load Member

Mar 25, 2014
    wow this was great!!!! thank you for the info. i have a few questions if you can help:

1) Do you know or have you spoken to anyone that runs out of the Alexandria, IN terminal?

2) Do the new trucks have fridges and apus? The recruiter i just got off the phone with says they do not, but he also sounded unsure.

3) do the wild runs go out and back to original terminal? would you say the average comes back every day or is the average staying out for the full 5 days?

4) is there a referral or sign on bonus?

Need4Speed Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IndianaMike

IndianaMike Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    wow this was great!!!! thank you for the info. i have a few questions if you can help:

1) Do you know or have you spoken to anyone that runs out of the Alexandria, IN terminal? I KNOW A SOLO THAT COMES TO OUR TERMINAL EVERY NIGHT . BUT NOT ON A PERSONAL BASIS

2) Do the new trucks have fridges and apus? The recruiter i just got off the phone with says they do not, but he also sounded unsure.ALL TEAM TRUCKS HAVE APU AND FRIDGE ALONG WITH INVERTERS

3) do the wild runs go out and back to original terminal? would you say the average comes back every day or is the average staying out for the full 5 days? IF YOU GO WILD YOU WILL BE OUT 5 DAYS AND RETURN TO HOME. MAY GET BACK DURING WEEK . WE GOT A BID RUN.
    YOU WILL GET 2 FULL DAYS OFF

4) is there a referral or sign on bonus? NO REFERRALOR SIGN ON

iamchrisstone Thanks this.
  4. iamchrisstone

Mar 25, 2014
    are you aloud to have CB's in the truck as a team driver? i read somewhere that you have a company provided cb but its a small weak one simply for when at the terminals.

5. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    Wilmington sign says start at top rate $2,000 sign on bonus

iamchrisstone Thanks this.
  6. IndianaMike

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    That is something new. Take it!

7. IndianaMike

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    Yes we have a CB and the company business radio. We use at terminals and on the road but just like cb not many drivers on it.

8. IndianaMike

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    It's our CB not company

9. iamchrisstone

Mar 25, 2014
    I have 2 buddys that team drive for Carter Express. They said they used to know a husband/wife team that they met in Gurdon from time to time. Happen to be you and the wife?

they are a father and son team. both of them are super short. LOL

10. IndianaMike

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    I don't remember any short guys inparticular. We're they with RL or Carter? It's been awhile since we went back to Gurdon so ...

11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I heard R+L was one of several companies to offer that, FedEx and Pitt Ohio Express being two others.

IndianaMike Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.