Husband and wife team starting with R&L Carriers

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by IndianaMike, Sep 13, 2014.

1. IndianaMike

IndianaMike Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    Sorry I haven't updated in a while. We moved to Florida and went on a cruise this month. Just finished our 1st week on the FL to KY turn and burn. We love it. The terminal is 5 minutes from the house we're leasing. We do have to deal with Nashville Twice a day but still getting back for time at home . They kept putting off our transfer until they had more drivers to fill the 2 spots taken by the 2 linehaul drivers that took our run. Thanksgivin week they gave us a load from Louisville to Pensacola terminal so we could get there with our truck . Wife followed in moving truck and car in tow . Will try to keep updated.

CorsairFanboy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CorsairFanboy

CorsairFanboy Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    I have a question and sorry if it has been asked before. I know you have 2 days at home every week. Can you take extended time at home like OTR can? From time to time? Or is that considered vacation? I think being used to working for a couple of weeks then a week off has pampered me lol.

IndianaMike Thanks this.
  4. IndianaMike

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    I'm not sure. You can call and ask

CorsairFanboy Thanks this.
  5. IndianaMike

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    Our new run pays 384 each way. So 384 a day for me and 384 for my wife. That's 1920 each a week. The run is about 560 miles each way. We got our Peterbilt back also so we are happy. It pulls better than our international loaner and the bed is a full size instead of a twin. The Peterbilt is way quieter and a smoother ride also. Our team manager asked if we wanted a brand new international but we passed. This one only has 500k on it. We will wait hoping they go back to Petes. They are buying Internationals and Freightliners right now. Even though everyteam says they prefer the Petes.

6. IndianaMike

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    20181214_060756.jpg . 20181214_060701.jpg Here is our latest statements .

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    archangelic peon Thanks this.
  7. azheavyduty

azheavyduty Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Glendale, AZ
    What is the one day @ $423, did your meet change?

IndianaMike Thanks this.
  8. IndianaMike

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    Yes our meet driver had a problem with his truck and had to get another one. We went 50 miles towards him.

CorsairFanboy and azheavyduty Thank this.
  9. TheLotusWay

TheLotusWay Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2018
    Hey IndianaMike, I've been following this thread for quite some time. My wife should receive her green card in a few weeks and we've been planning that once I hit my one year mark in April, we are going to try for the Columbiana run by having her do the dock to driver program.
    The information in your posts have been invaluable, thank you! The recruiter gave us good information too so I'm hoping we can make this work. I like where I'm at right now with Millis Transfer and it was looking like the only team gig we could find that would accept my wife with no experience was Schneider but I feel this is a better option by all accounts.

CorsairFanboy and IndianaMike Thank this.
  10. IndianaMike

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    I hope it all goes well for you and your wife.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.