Husband and wife team starting with R&L Carriers

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by IndianaMike, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Chewy352

Chewy352 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Enid, OK
    Thanks mike. They're not hiring drivers in ok right now but I'm definitely Gunna check every day

IndianaMike Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IndianaMike

IndianaMike Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    Ok its been 1 year for my wife and I at R&L. We are still happy for the most part. There are issues like loads not being ready on time and truck maintenance problems. Our APU quit working again. The truck is not even a year old and the APU stops working alot. They put us in another loaner to fix it. Got it back a week later and so far so good. Seems like our load is constantly 1 hour late getting ready. Our leave time is Midnight and we arent getting paperwork til 1 or 130. But our meet guy just leaves later and we still get our miles. Our pay went up after 1 year. We were at 328 each way per day. Now its 343 each. 686 total every day so raises are nice!. We are on our way to being debt free within 2 years. Living off one check and paying off past debt with the other. Overall we are glad we came here to team and are staying for the long term. NOT EVERY TEAM HERE HAS THE SAME EXPERIENCE. Just want to get that out there to those looking to come here. One team is happy while another is not. We have a great dedicated run that pays well

4. archangelic peon

archangelic peon Medium Load Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Appreciate the updates Mike, still wanting to get on with them & GF just got back her hazmat backround approval letter so she should have her endorsements soon.

Any interior truck pictures available?

Talked to the recruiter lady at the Wilmington office since that was the only position hiring a month or so back & she was very friendly & helpful.

She did say that they do not hire teams out of the Chattanooga terminal period when I asked if it was possible to be hired out of a terminal that might not be hiring but would let you use that as home base, since it is the closest terminal to our house (60mi) to get into the freight loop like what Old Dominion does.

She did say we MIGHT be able to hire onto the Nashville terminal, but not a sure thing at all.

So it would seem we would need to drive 400+mi each way to Wilmington a week to be hired on, don't know if it would be worth it since the 800mi commute would count as part of the 2days off.

Would be shooting only for OD but they don't allow pets last I checked, would be ideal if they did since they have a terminal barely 30miles from the house....

Sidenote, y'all must run I40 a LOT, I saw 7 of you within a hundred miles between little rock & Memphis a couple days ago, even saw R&L kenworth T660 & cascadia sleeper trucks in the mix all with the Boseride stickers on the sides.

Keep up the updates from time to time, love to hear the details of how it is going!

5. IndianaMike

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    Thats a lot of miles to drive to Wilmington. Dont know if it would be worth the extra driving without a guarantee of miles. Open board or 'wild' teams run anywhere. Ask them if you could leave truck at Chatanooga terminal on weekend. We got lucky and literally called right after run became available at Louisville terminal. Dont have any of inside. Will take some when both of us are awake. OD wanted me and my wife to train separately. We have 34 years combined otr and thought that was silly.Good luck, Mike

archangelic peon Thanks this.
  6. IndianaMike

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    The open board teams get home every week also BTW.

7. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    The Nashville terminal is a good one. We would swap trailers at that terminal. Shop manager is a good guy. Big open property.

8. IndianaMike

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    Hers a few of the inside front. Wife is sleeping so will have to wait on sleeper.

Attached Files:

archangelic peon and TruckDuo Thank this.
  9. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    Watch out for all that stuff attached to your windshield. They can ticket you for that.

TruckDuo and IndianaMike Thank this.
  10. IndianaMike

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    Yes I know. Im moving Xm back to dash. All I'll have then is dashcam and gps.

11. shazel

shazel Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Albany, GA
    Do RL allow riders?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.