Husband Starting at USA Truck on Monday 10/31/2016

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by truckerwife32, Oct 28, 2016.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Im not here to be rude. All companies generate questions, how much, each week or month is the plans if offered? What about private plans such as Delta Dental? (I pay 31 dollars a month and they provide a certain amount of benefits payable per year which my dentist carefully rations to make the most of it...) that is one example which may be better or cheaper than Company plan.

Asking questions is the very best trait, failure to ask questions invites trouble. Your Husband wont be employed very long if he does not ask questions and get hard answers with specific details in whatever that might come up. I assume there is a human resources person able to give husband the time he requires until his... or your questions are answered.

The one thing in trucking that is a constant, which wrecks homes and families faster than anything else is this.

Short miles one week, or three weeks resulting in a netpay too low to maintain house bills and feed family. Instant divorce as far as Im concerned. Those lean times will happen. Other times your husband will run his wheels off and money pours from the sky like the rain. If you can hold it together when you are in lean times as well as the good, then everyone will be ok. Otherwise there is no point in going trucking.

I can say more.. but that is the biggest point I needed to teach, these two.

Companies have done everything they can to discharge the cost of bennies and foist it onto the worker or driver. The drivers are not so stupid as to sign forms to deduct from net pay huge amounts to bennies each week, bennies that might never be used. 20 a month for a half million life insurance is important. He might not come back ever again. 300 dollars a week for a family obamacare that rises at 30 to 60% per year is not that great unless you have sick people inside your home who have been refused care without it. The problem is if your husband only ran 600 miles that week at 1.00 a mile is not going to be enough. .38 is ludicrous. I usually settle on .60 as a minimum but no one is going to pay me .60 if they can hire three immigrants at .20 a mile.

Do you see a little clearer?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckerwife32

truckerwife32 Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2016
    One, I asked these questions Not Him, this is Not his first rodeo and i did not marry a fool or some regular ol joe that don't know what to ask for himself to benefit him or his family.. I asked for this specific company seeing how this forum is for Usa Truck.
    Second, Yes when he got to orientation they answered all the questions he and I had, i just asked ahead of time, and honestly if you are in trucking you should know that the recruiters are very vague when answering certain things because they are needing bodies to fill trucks, they will usually say anything, and that is why there is this forum so that truckers and their alike can ask others for Serious insight, not someone who tells me he should ask these questions or not be a trucker. who the hell says stuff like that for someone simply being curious.
    Third, I am very confident that are family is strong enough in the Lord that us not working out is not even a concern. sorry if your career choice has ruined your family. As for mine, we have been broke and stayed together, we have been well off and stayed together, we have went through many hardships in our home that has made us capable of withstanding so many things, money shouldn't validate a marriage, i work and make good money so where he falls short i am there, where i fall short he is there. I have been away from my husband for 2 years at one point (Faithfully) so time is of no concern neither is the money.

I appreciate all of yall help but i have already sent to the admins to delete this so thanks anyways. :)

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    No worries over here. Glad things are going well.

I tend to be pretty heavy on the devil's advocate working on the worst case scenario. Not everyone can drive a truck. And those that try, half do not make it the first year.

Yes Recruiters are serpents and snakes, lie and lie until they get the body in. Body snatchers I call them. Which Is why I don't talk about them much, poor things.

Many truckers DO NOT ask questions, then they get into trouble and get fired for it. It's real easy to be silent and know nothing and find that you should have taken the time to ask about whatever it is that you are having trouble with.

Busloads of ex drivers are sent down the road because they don't ask questions.

If the admins make this thread go away, that's fine with me, I came in late to offer my two cents. For what's it's worth. Have a great day!

5. truckerwife32

truckerwife32 Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2016
    no not a problem, thank you very much and have safe and blessed travels!!

DRAGON64 Thanks this.
  6. Coolbreezin

Coolbreezin Medium Load Member

Jun 11, 2016
    Florida
    I drove for USA for 14 months. I started at 26 cpm, 4 more cpm after 6 months and another 4 cpm after another 6 months. I started with old 9400, then got a couple year old Prostar, then a current year Cascadia. I dont recall the insurance and benefits and all, but I can say that I enjoyed the company and my dispatcher (Bradley Hayes) was very professional and personable. Always displayed respect to me and others. The reason I left USA was because they didnt send me home on time. Its a long story but suffice it to say I didnt feel the love at that moment. I would recommend them to a new driver though.

7. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Currently running Midwest and they are giving me between 4-500 miles a day .

8. Coolbreezin

Coolbreezin Medium Load Member

Jun 11, 2016
    Florida
    I was mostly an eastern half of the US driver. Once in while I got into Colorado. I dont recall the mileage but I was happy with what I got.

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  9. prenholl44

prenholl44 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Cedar Creek lake Texas
    Hey I'm going to orientation monday for usa. Anybody know if they pay if you have to recover your truck?

10. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Recover ? Usa pays for most anything with in reason .

11. prenholl44

prenholl44 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Cedar Creek lake Texas
    Cool called me today and said i might have to go get my truck just wondering if they paid i know srt pays 300

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.