Husband/Wife Teams

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by StrappedToRide, Apr 10, 2017.

1. StrappedToRide

StrappedToRide Bobtail Member

Apr 10, 2017
    It was a little intimidating at first, gives new meaning to the term "paper or plastic". One thing I was not ready for was the amount of extremely tight blind side backing most of which is indoors underground. Nothing like the caves in KC or Independence. It's usually hit it dead on right the first time as there's no room to pull up to straighten out or adjust. I've always considered myself to be a pretty good backer and this job is making me perfect my skills on a daily basis. Most Fed facilities were built in the 20's and not at all designed for today's 48/53' trailers. When a driver says yeah I been to NYC or Chicago it's usually the suburbs. When we say it the places are DOWNTOWN where trucks don't belong at all. That's our life now...and we LOVE IT!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IndianaMike

IndianaMike Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    Sounds like a great company. My wife and I team at R+L carriers. We gross 90k each. Back to home terminal every day and home 2 full days on weekend. We have some teams grossing over 100k each. We are on a dedicated run drop and hook both ends. Great company. We plan on retiring here. Most money we've ever made and to be home 2 full days every weekend is almost unheard of in teaming.

archangelic peon, Dharok and doireann Thank this.
  4. doireann

doireann Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2016

Do you know if they hire fresh grads? Or how much experience did you need to have? My hubby will have three years experience and I should have about one year when we are looking for team jobs

5. IndianaMike

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    We have hired new grads for solo I know. They are home everyday so I'm Not sure about teams. Go to rlcdrivers .com. call main number and ask for human resources or recruiting.

doireann Thanks this.
  6. IndianaMike

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    I have a thread called husband wife team at R&L carriers. Read that because we do things a little different here. Pay by run not by mile for one. Also if you have to wait its included in rate pay.

archangelic peon and doireann Thank this.
  7. StrappedToRide

Apr 10, 2017
    We require 3 years and no hazmat endorsement. No doubles either. Just a weapons carry license from your home state.

IndianaMike Thanks this.
  8. IndianaMike

Jul 15, 2011
    Indiana
    That's cool that your company encourages carrying guns. We are terminal to terminal so there's really no need to carry. We only stop to switch loads. We dont feel a need for it. I used to carry years ago when I was solo and had to sleep in unfamiliar places.

9. StrappedToRide

Apr 10, 2017
    No sir it's not like that at all. We are not encouraged to carry, we are REQUIRED to. Firearms are part of our uniform. We dont haul "normal" freight. We are a secured armored carrier for the USA. THERE are only a small handful of companies that do what we do.

10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That is all well and good. No problems on my end, now what do you think happens when NYC Police is standing on the fuel tank looking at my carry license they do not honor and a gun with ammunition that they do not accept. Plus the rack of whatever issue weaponry to protect uncle sam's stuff on the truck to boot?

That Im pretty sure has a answer I am not aware of. I look forward to a example of how to resolve such a problem.

11. StrappedToRide

Apr 10, 2017
    The only weapons carry are our duty firearms and 12 gauge in the rack. They are plainly visible to law enforcement. We generally are repeat visitors to the same places especially in NYC. NYPD knows who we are and what we do and don't give us any static. We are not permitted to carry extra concealed weapons as you mentioned, only duty weapons and ONLY when in uniform and under a secure load.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.