I-85 NB last scale in Georgia EPES driver had a gallon of liquor

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Doing_flatbed_nc, Jul 9, 2018.

1. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Still good friends with the VP of Safety over there . Have to give him a call in the morning .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    When I first bought my truck, my 2nd or 3rd trip had me running down towards Texarkana. Stopped in at the J to top off, so that if I felt up to it after I was empty, I could just boogy on home and not have any time stamps to worry about. It took longer to get unloaded than I had anticipated, though, so decided to pull into Hope and get a room. I ALWAYS write down my vehicle info on the check-in form, even though they always say "we don't need that" ...and I'm glad I do. Wasn't even an hour after my head hit the pillow, the room phone rang. Night time security (off-duty Hope detective) caught someone stealing my fuel. By the time I got down there, the perps were long gone...hauled away in cuffs. The search incident to the arrest turned up 4 or 5 milk crates FULL of liquor bottles. At that point, cops didn't really care about the fuel theft beyond the fact that I had enough fuel at the current prices to make it a felony theft, which guaranteed that the search would hold up to a challenge. The biggest mistake those fools made wasn't the attempted fuel theft (they didn't get much...if any...got caught pretty quick), or even breaking the FMCSA's prohibition on alcohol in a CMV. Nope, their biggest mistake was getting caught with that much booze in a DRY COUNTY! The attempted theft of my fuel got them locked up for bootlegging.

4. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    That scalehouse is about 25 miles from my home town. Good to hear any news from Georgia. Carry on.

TravR1 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  5. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    everytime I stopped in el paso I'd get a beer and would enjoy it in my truck in the walmarat parking lot as the wind is whipping (like it always does in el paso). For some reason I felt like an outlaw, drinking that beer in the semi! shame shame on me.

rustyswife, x1Heavy and KillingTime Thank this.
  6. BillStep

BillStep Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2016
    EPES
    Empty Pockets Every Saturday

7. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Im there all the time, usually like every other week in Atlanta. Beautiful state.. along with Tennessee. Never seen the downtown Atlanta area, we cant drive in there. But I've been all around the outer turnpike suburb areas. Parking is a nightmare right now. I am fortunate to get customer parking if I can get there. Even ramps overflow at night.

8. Cam Roberts

Cam Roberts Road Train Member

May 13, 2018
    Not sure why this surprising if it was liquor. Just because you are clean and sober, you think that everyone else is? Come on man. If you had any idea how many drunk truck drivers are going down the road next to you or even the ones all amped off coke and meth you would raise hair on your head. Then there’s the pot heads. They are everywhere! Don’t be naive and surprised. It’s life. Just be mindful of how you drive and stay clean fella. Over the road trucking is tough bussiness and not for everyone. I personally wouldn’t last one week over the road

9. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Good point “just got a random 1 gallon glass liquor jug laying around.”

:biggrin_25523:

10. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    VP of Safety there had not heard anything about it . Should have been in his daily record from FMCIA .

11. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    Liquor is meant to be consumed not confiscated.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.