I am currently a lease purchase driver for Gulick transportation. Ask me anything.

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Kajo, Nov 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kajo

Kajo Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2019
    I also was a lease purchase driver for HVH all the way until the shut down. I also leased with Central aka swift almost a decade ago.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
    What's the average length of hsul

4. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    How much money to you report or pay taxes on to the IRS as your personal income

snowwy Thanks this.
  5. Kajo

Kajo Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2019
    The average really depends on where you want to go. You can stay on the I-5 forever, you can do all 48 and run 1,900+ mile trips non stop as long as you can work the hours right. It’s all up to what you say you’re available for and willing to do. You can pick a region to stick with or let them completely manage you.

6. Kajo

Kajo Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2019
    I don’t know yet, my tax people are still working on that. Are you asking what my personal “worth” is? Or are you simply asking what my AGI is? My take home after all expenses that come out of my checks plus all my life expenses and extra expenses that I didn’t account for? If that’s the case then I should report an annual income of about $7.50 almost enough for a value meal.

please be more specific and I will give you the exact answer you are looking for. I am not blowing you off by being sarcastic, I really don’t know what you’re asking and my tax guys aren’t done with helping me out.

7. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I was wondering how much money you make after expenses. I had my own truck for 10 years, most people like to say the big numbers like I made $150,000. It's hard to get a number people can compare. When I had my truck, first 3 years I paid no taxes because I had enough tax write off. I still made money, not a lot. The IRS numbers are easy to compare. I make more now driving at company truck without any of the troubles. I do have to put up with doing stuff their way. That's can be annoying

Bakerman Thanks this.
  8. Kajo

Kajo Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2019
    Oh ok. I understand what you’re asking now. And it is still the same at the moment. My answer is still the same, it’s wishy washy. My tax guys are helping me along with legal zoom until I get into the right foot print for the steps to declare the best income which will lead me to a good record of income so that I can qualify for a business loan for Veterans - which I only recently learned is a thing. I am assuming that you’re asking me as a lease purchase driver and not just Gulick. I just started with Gulick not too long after HVH shut down and ran away with everyone’s money. But even as crooked as HVH was I made an average $1,800 a week after all business expenses before tax but since I was investing it all back into the truck the amount I claim to the irs will be significantly lower. I don’t know what I’ll average for this new place, it’s too early to tell. I can tell you I haven’t hauled anything under $2.00/mile.
    I will say, I was with Roadtex doing local work for a salary of $340 a day. I quit that to buy a truck but I didn’t know about all the other ways to do it but I was also in a hurry to leave since my ex disappeared one day and stole everything including the toilet paper. I have renters and could have gotten everything back until that is that I found out I would have to allow them to press charges since I know who stole all my things at the house so actually for ME I could not since I obey Jesus and we aren’t allowed to sue or get people in trouble.

Another note, I know you say now that you make more as a company driver, yes sure you can make great money working for someone. At the end of the day everyone works for someone. Even bill gates, he more a slave than us since if he doesn’t make all his investors happy he will lose everything. There is only a certain amount you can make on your own before you can’t anymore then you need investors and that is when you sold yourself back into the space workforce just to make a little more.

I can also say that there are guys out here hauling regular old refrigerated loads LTL and making $14,000 per week gross and most likely taking home 10k a week in their pocket, that is under their own authority driving their own truck they own with their own trailer. And no special expenses any different than me. And THAT is why I stay out here. To get up to that point one day and begin a new career as a missionary.

9. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    So all these years of a Lease purchase you don't own a truck yet? That tells u right there something is wrong with these Lease purchases lol

SL3406, stwik and JonJon78 Thank this.
  10. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    ROFL :biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559:

Are we on planet earth today?

Aamcotrans Thanks this.
  11. Kajo

Kajo Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2019
    I was with HVH. If you heard about what happened or know how to google you’d know I got screwed out of a truck and 10s of thousands of dollars.
    There are many things “wrong” with lease purchases, but they are not the reason I don’t own a truck yet, I am.
    It is no ones fault other than mine for that and everything that ever happened in my life from birth til death I am responsible only.

Primevisions, Jisom and Vic Firth Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.