I can't afford CDL school

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Hank riddick, Oct 22, 2022.

1. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    Oh gentlemen
    Old corps vs new corps
    When I went to war the taliban were 9’ tall and spew acid out of the mouths. Save it for the lunch counter. The guys that had it hard keep there mouths shut, most of the time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chrismcallister34

chrismcallister34 Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2022
    Oh I ain't sayin' I had it hard or easy. It was easier than it was 10 or 15 years prior, just like it was for them, and so on. But it definitely wasn't easy to say the least. They still made it difficult. I wished that they made it more difficult, because I saw too many chapter 11's when I was going through. I think it was close to 10 in our platoon.

4. chrismcallister34

Aug 15, 2022
    But no boot camp is gonna be as hardcore as Camp Lejeune, and when you gotta go through the crucible.

5. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    No boot camp there any time recent.
    No reason to put down the young ones. Shoot, those guys in now, are the ones that will have to suffer for “old mens convictions”.
    I’ll give a nod to all that have and still are picking up a rifle.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
    2Tap and Another Canadian driver Thank this.
  6. chrismcallister34

Aug 15, 2022
    I ain't putting them down. I'm just putting how soft the army, and the military in general, has gotten over the years. Especially these past few years with all of these social justice warriors and critical race theory, and all of the other stuff that I won't get into because I guarantee it'll start a huge debate, and end up in a whole big debacle.

7. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Maybe because this is the first some of us have heard of this?

8. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
  9. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    I haven’t seen this mentioned here, but when you get like a month left of cdl permit, go to dmv and ask for an extension.
    Used to they’d give a 6 month valid permit and extend it once.
    Course this was years ago, i’m sure they still will, a call to states dmv may help out at ease.

10. J2H

J2H Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2014
    Havre de Grace, MD
    Roehl seems to be a decent company, and they ACTUALLY pay you while you train. Got an offer from them to start the 28th of Nov.

11. NewWorldTrucker

NewWorldTrucker Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2022
    WIOA program
    EBT program (or something revolving around it)
    Scholarships (most community colleges)
    Sallie Mae loan (most community colleges

Lots of ways to pay and not be indebted to a company. If you need cash, go the Sallie Mae route. If your credit is decent, you can borrow more the course costs. You don’t have to start repayment for 6 months after graduation.

Some employers offer tuition reimbursement. That means it’s FREE, but you just got $5k put in your pocket courtesy of Sallie Mae.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.