I feel guilty about the noise, but oh well.

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by Thrasher28, Sep 14, 2021.

1. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    Reefers never bothered me. Those infernal back up beepers did though.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    They built a Love's out on the east side of Rapid City, right at the end of the runway at the Air Force base there. I was about asleep the other night and a couple jets about made me #### myself.

4. Thrasher28

Thrasher28 Heavy Load Member

Aug 12, 2021
    Bowling Green, KY
    My favorite is the backup beepers trying to blindside. Obviously they didn’t spec the truck, so it is what it is, but if they’re the GOAL type (I hope they are if they’re blindsiding), it goes: “beep beep beep, psssh, beep beep beep, psssh, beep be....” for 10+ minutes

Moronica, D.Tibbitt, bzinger and 6 others Thank this.
  5. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    Those things should have a cutoff switch. Just flick it on when you’re in the city.

CorsairFanboy, Badmon, bzinger and 3 others Thank this.
  6. Trucker61016

Trucker61016 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Linville, Va
    Wonder how long till they put mufflers on reefers and put dpf filters to stop the black smoke from coming out ?? Its amazing they focus on the trucks belching fumes, but there the reefers go spewing into the air sitting in a lot, all making the droney sound of buzzing bees.....

Badmon and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  7. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    I sleep ok with reefers next to me, it's those #### backup alarms and air brakes being set that wake me up.

8. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    I commend you for at least giving some consideration to your fellow drivers.

However, don't worry about it. This is trucking.

Reefers gotta reef.

If someone has a really loud reefer next to me, I turn on my truck radio to a dead AM frequency, and turn up the "fuzz" noise until it cancels out the reefer.

I've had to adapt because for some reason my tanker truck is a "reefer magnet".

More than once, I've been in an otherwise "deserted" truck stop parking lot, and had a reefer pull in next to me.:confused:

And yes, there were spaces closer to the building he/she coulda parked in.

9. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    I pull reefer and keep mine on continuous at night. Never had any complaints. Drivers with old beat up reefers that need service and have squeaky belts every time they start occasionalyl bug me, but not as much as a tuck next to me in high idle with air leaks and their spitter going off every 30 seconds.

10. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I like a reefer on continuous parked next to me , it drowns out the horn honkers and low grades that think parking lots are race tracks .

11. scoobertdoo

scoobertdoo Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2020
    I hate this more than almost everything. Only thing I hate more is air horns and unmuffled Jake's inside the truck stop.

RockinChair Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.