I hate to discourage places from providing parking but,,,

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Infosaur, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    looks to be hung up on a lift gate.

crap happens.

cops can do nothing.

rachi Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BackwoodsGA

BackwoodsGA Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Elgin Nd
    Tell your boss you were washing your wheels.

tommymonza and Black_Yeshua Thank this.
  4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    anyone would know, you do not call the cops, you call the Marshal's.....doh.....

tommymonza, jammer910Z, rachi and 2 others Thank this.
  5. Deere hunter

Deere hunter Road Train Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Shallowater Texas
    Oooooohh federal Marshall’s :biggrin_25523:

tommymonza, Woodys and buddyd157 Thank this.
  6. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Lower lift gate to raise the trailer up and throw some pallets under the wheels

stwik, Brettj3876 and 86scotty Thank this.
  7. Deere hunter

Aug 5, 2017
    Shallowater Texas
    Scuba gear required!!

jammer910Z Thanks this.
  8. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
    #### that's a good one . You could literally bath in that pot hole

9. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Dirt lot behind the Waffle House on I-71 x65 Jeffersonville OH. Stopped to get lunch coffee and take my 30, ended up with a headache.

Now some general answers in no particular order:

1.) lot behind the place is muddy and full of moon craters. I was swinging the turn and drove through "a puddle". And before any wiseguys wanna Monday morning quarterback the next answer is:

2.) YES I KNOW THAT NOW!

3.) the bumper was probably ripped out on impact but didn't come off the truck until I backed up. (Trying to line up for parking)

4.) the pic of the trailer in the hole was taken after I'd talked to my boss and he wanted as much information as I could give him. I told him I had no idea how deep the hole was but it was bad. After looking around the lot for something to indicate depth I just said "screw it" and backed the trailer into the hole. It's at least 36" deep.

5.) why call the cops? Honestly I don't know but in a perfect world their might be some liability on the part of the property owner. What if a car went through that thing? There are regulations regarding swimming pools that wouldn't allow something that big without a lifeguard and fence. Boss told me to suck it up and move on so I did.

6.) never drive through water of unknown depth. Well THAT was driven home. I'd think it was more applicable to flooded roadways, fast moving rivers and western arroyos. Now I guess it applies to Ohio potholes.

7.) I went specifically to this Waffle House because I knew they had a lot, there's a TA up the street that charges for parking and I wanted to give them business. There's also an adjacent gas station that doesn't "really" have truck parking that I probably could have double parked in while I walked next door and got lunch. But I thought I was doing the "right" thing by a.) frequenting a business that provides parking for truckers b.) not impeeding the neighbor's property. Well, no good deed goes unpunished, I suppose.

10. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Thats a great way to check your brakes and tires for air leaks on your pre-trip. Way to go for thinking outside the box.

11. Deere hunter

Aug 5, 2017
    Shallowater Texas
    Look at it this way , your helping the economy one tow truck and mechanic at a time!! Myself I’m afraid of dark water!! We’ve all been in a fix once or twice!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.