I have decided to call it quits at Werner. After several years, it became unbearable.

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Davezilla, Jul 14, 2015.

1. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    If I recall correctly, Werner dispatchers are paid a hefty bonus based on the amount of freight they get their trucks to move. Combine that with idiot college grads who don't know and more importantly don't care about the drivers and Werner's ongoing driver retention problems, and you have a recipe for complete disaster.

The Patriot and Davezilla Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cali kid

Cali kid Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    Got my start at big blue and did it all I did team and train both on dedicateds though. I cant imagine going wherever doing it, too eradicate to sleep. Like many I got my year experience and never looked back. Good luck to you sir.

The Patriot and Davezilla Thank this.
  4. The Patriot

The Patriot Heavy Load Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Greenville,Ohio
    Swift is another...hehe

Joetro Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    With your experience you can easily find another team running coast to coast with another experienced driver; some company that doesn't hire new CDL grads.

Davezilla Thanks this.
  6. ATX

ATX Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Savannah, TX (DFW Metro)
    Agree! Never worked for Werner, but my first company had a similar setup for Fleet Managers. They were ranked/rated with peers based upon how busy they kept the rigs. While in theory the best interests of the company, dispatchers and drivers are all aligned (everybody makes the most money by keeping the wheels turning), in practice the drivers are the ones who tend to get pushed to and beyond their limits.

7. Davezilla

Davezilla Medium Load Member

May 19, 2009
    That would explain why they constantly interfere in each other's loads. The dispatchers in the same fleets didn't just have no respect for each other, they were actively hostile, and always passive aggressive.

They took away an Atlanta to California run just as I was pulling into the terminal to get a student. Needless to say I didn't even bother to pick up the student. The night dispatcher desperately spammed my Qualcom with the load over a dozen times that night, trying to get me to take it back after he took it away. Nope. Not playing his games.

Never heard from him again. Loads stopped being pulled constantly. I guess it worked.

8. georgeandson

georgeandson Heavy Load Member

Feb 18, 2011
    1 mile down the road.
    You need to come to terms with the fact and reality that werner is garbage and a typical mega carrier who just doesnt care about a driver and doesnt consider you a human.
    once you realize that, its easier to move on.
    enjoy your new found freedom and good luck in life after a garbage mega like wener. sorry you worked for them for so long. but now you see the light.

The Patriot Thanks this.
  9. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    If you have "Several Years" in at Werner...why not try and hold onto that tenure and seniority, and simply go solo?
    If them running you to death as a trainer and/or team (because they feel they can take advantage of two log books) is your only complaint...go solo and run YOUR logbook according to law. They HAVE TO give you a 10 hour break daily.
    Just a suggestion.

10. Cali kid

Cali kid Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    ^^ the pay sucks for solo drivers.

11. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Years with the same company and especially Werner says a lot about what kind of driver you are.It's a shame they can't see the value and loyal dedication in you.So many excellent drivers in this industry that companies fail to see.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.