I just bought an RGN, need an experienced driver

Discussion in 'Heavy Haul Trucking Forum' started by Callahanlogistics, Mar 5, 2024.

1. Callahanlogistics

Callahanlogistics Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2023
    I kind of jumped in head first, not kinda I did. Just like I do everything. I need an experienced RGN driver based in LA that can either come by and show me the tricks and operations or I can come to them. But preferably to me out here in Pasadena. Please lmk!

Sons Hero and Oxbow Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Crude Truckin'

Crude Truckin' Alien Spacecraft

Oct 22, 2016
    North Dakota, Eh?
  4. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    Why is this in the Report a Bad Company forum ?

Vampire, Sons Hero, austinmike and 4 others Thank this.
  5. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Premonition???

6. UhOhh

UhOhh Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2017
    NE
    Please be recording when the catastrophe happens and send it to Bonehead Truckers. You can be famous!

austinmike and Crude Truckin' Thank this.
  7. REO6205

REO6205 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    This thread was moved to Heavy Haul. If it doesn't get the proper response it will be moved to another forum. The OP needs lots of help .

@Callahanlogistics...what kind of RGN did you get? Mechanical gooseneck? Power? What do you have to pull it with...gears, transmission, and power?
    Do you have any hauls lined up? What kind of hauls are you looking for?
    Getting a good experienced RGN driver, even just as a tutor, is hard to do. They're usually plushed in somewhere with good companies and they wouldn't want to mess with a new owner that didn't know anything. A bad driver, in RGN work especially, can cost you everything you own.
    I'd look for a retired driver with good references and pay him enough to make it worth his time.
    The rest of the RGN guys on TTR will be along to offer their advice. Some of their advice you might not like but whether you like it or not it's still good advice and it's based on a lot of years experience.
    If you don't like the advice just keep quiet, nod your head, and go on to the next post. Don't argue with these guys. They know what they're doing. You don't.

8. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    This guy has all kinds videos. He shows his mistakes. He even broke his trailer in one video. He got bigger trailers an then just sold everything one day stopped do heavy haul. He spent so much time and money just stopped one day.

Winnyf1 Thanks this.
  9. Rontonio

Rontonio Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Could you not afford to buy a 747 and hire a pilot instead?

or a submarine and a captain?

perhaps an ice cream truck and a pedophile?

sorry I can’t help myself.

you are gonna try and go up against all the established companies in Southern California? Really?

10. Callahanlogistics

Dec 30, 2023
    How much do you need?

Sons Hero and Oxbow Thank this.
  11. Callahanlogistics

Dec 30, 2023
    I’ve been in trucking for 14 years. I do know what I’m doing logistics wise. I just bought this trailer with some work for it lined up. That’s the only thing I don’t know is this trailer. So that’s why I thought I would reach out. It’s power I believe a 1991 Talbe I’m pulling with a 2014 International Prostar. I do have jobs lined up with a construction company for an excavator that needs to be moved.

As far as a driver goes won’t be needing that as I will be driving it myself.

Thanks for taking the time read and respond!

god bless

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.