I Love USA!!!

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by DBL_TIME, Sep 13, 2008.

1. TruckerJerry

TruckerJerry Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Greensboro Nc
    you have to upload it to your profile

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bama_quake

bama_quake Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Birmingham, AL
    I've learned from talking to some other driver's here at USA that the policy on the speed depends ALOT on your fuel usage/review. As long as your MPG is decent and within thier specs (6.5+ mpg), they will GENERALLY leave you at 63/63.

4. DBL_TIME

DBL_TIME <strong>"Two Mints in One"</strong>

Feb 9, 2008
    Thats not entirely true the only reason i was put in a prostar according to fuel economy is because with the fuel mileage i was consistently getting (6.8-7.1mpg) they were interested in seeing what i could get in an auto with minimal idle time. My new truck was turned down from day one. What i heard was that all trucks would be 60pedal 63cruise except for new hires and drivers with poor fuel mileage their trucks would be 60 tops pedal and cruise. By the way my fuel mileage is only 6.73 now and the highest my idle time has been since i got this truck is 1.31 most of the time it is below 1%. I hope the mileage gets better as the truck breaks in.

5. mb64chvelle

mb64chvelle Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2008
    Allentown,PA
    dbl-time,

i am looking at usa over pam, what was the training like, did you ever drive before? what is you truck like, did they give you an old truck. I was approved to go to england, but after reading on here, I like what people are saying about USA. new career for me.

6. DBL_TIME

Feb 9, 2008
    I am still a driver with usa and have no reason to be looking elsewhere. The truck i started with was a 05 international 9400i i had no problems with it although that is not always the case with some. I have a 09 prostar now it only had 27miles on it when i got it(a few more now) 17,489 today is the 6th week i,ve had it 2910 a week not a bad average i,d say. Training was a joke as far as my trainer went but there again not always the case.

7. DBL_TIME

Feb 9, 2008
    I see your from pa. i think that is my second home.lol

8. SAVANA'S-DAD

SAVANA'S-DAD Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2008
    oliver springs, tn
    DBL TIME- i think reading your post on here has made my mind up. i am going to c1 in AR (ASU) leaving sunday AM. i told my recruiter at first i wanted pam but last week told him i was thinking about USA, i am going to call him tomorrow for final instructions for this weekend and also to tell him i want to switch to USA,USA,USA.....sounds like a olympic chant don't it
    thanks for all your info, keep those wheels turnin'

9. DBL_TIME

Feb 9, 2008
    I hope you enjoy the decision that your making just remember there is good and bad in everything as you can tell from some of my post i'm not always the happiest person with usa it just seems to me that most of these companies are pretty much the same and make no mistake about it your success is just a byproduct of their profit. I think alot of people get into this thinking that these companies are set up to make you money...Well there not. They are concerned with their profit and if you happen to make a little bit as you generate revenue for them then so be it.
    But i am generally happy with usa. I just learned what i was gonna let be an issue or not. And when I do have an issue i choose to take it up with the right person.(somebody who can do something about it). I mean think about it who wants to set there and here complaining all the time about stuff they cant do nothing about.

10. bigpapa7272

bigpapa7272 Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Baltimore
    yeah i have to agree seeing all this positive info on usa truck has bumped them back up on my list, maybe i need to call my recruiter int he morning and get things setup.

and ive even chatted with a few drivers on the cb who were happy at usa.

yeah the starting pay isnt as good as some of my other choices but i need to get that year in and then figure out what to do from there.

dgarrett0008 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.