I need to drive from Texas to Maine, in a 4 wheeler. Are there any problems driving thru states?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by rogue-wave, Apr 9, 2020.

1. StrokerTSi

StrokerTSi Medium Load Member

Aug 28, 2016
    Go around Rhode island, they were directing 4 wheelers to welcome for what they're doing, with police waiting in case they don't stop. Florida literally does have 95 blocked for 4 wheelers when entering.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Or you could stay at home like everybody has suggested you do. Stop trying to infect Maine with your Texas disease.

4. rogue-wave

rogue-wave Bobtail Member

Nov 12, 2014
    Texas Hill Country
    I’ll make a note...

Badmon and nredfor88 Thank this.
  5. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    No seriously. If you go you need to stay quarantined for 2 weeks. You Flatlanders are bringing this stuff up here. Most of us New England states are requiring it because rich ######## are using their vacation homes as escape rooms then going around outside anyway.

Northern Nomad Thanks this.
  6. rogue-wave

Nov 12, 2014
    Texas Hill Country
    This is no escape plan, we’ve had a place in Maine for many years. My family is home in Texas. We have zero cases of Chinasick in our area. There is no threat, just need to take care of some business. I understand your concern, I’d never take the chance of infecting a place I love.
    rich does not apply to us, hard working self employed folks, yes.

7. Northern Nomad

Northern Nomad Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2020
    The frozen north
    I live in Maine, stay where you are. We are having a hard enough time treating our year round residents and our resources are stretched to the max because every Tom Dick and Harry from Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, etc. decided to come up to their summer homes early. Some of the locals have taken matters into their own hands:

Report: Men with guns cut down tree, block driveway to quarantine Vinalhaven residents

and a lot of the locals are not happy because they’re showing up in droves.
    So, if you do decide to come up, even though I don’t recommend it, you can expect 2 things:
    1) The governor has issued an executive order stating that all non essential personnel entering the state MUST quarantine for 14 days. Failure to do so is considered a class E crime, punishable by up to 6 months in jail and a $1,000 fine. This is being enforced and we are reporting out of state plates to the authorities.
    2) Don’t expect to get treated with a smile and warm hospitality if you come up here. You will get cold shoulders, side eyes, middle fingers, and called plenty of choice words.

We like tourists, don’t get me wrong. But now is not the time. Please, if it can wait a couple of months, put it off until then. You’ll be doing everyone a favor and saving us all a headache.

8. rogue-wave

Nov 12, 2014
    Texas Hill Country
    I’m in SOPO and have many Mainers I call brothers that I’ve know for many years.
    I appreciate the concern

9. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Let's set up a line of road blocks and not let them "Northerner's" south of the Mason-Dixon line. That'll show them. We can coup them "Yankee's" up yonder and let them starve.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.