I really like Knight Transportation

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by RoaringDown55, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    You don't have a clue what you are talking about. Knight doesn't issue fluids with trucks.

They won't hand out coolant at all.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Your right I don't have a clue since I don't work for them but I just called a friend of mine who is on her way as I speak to Portland to deliver a load and this is what I got.

If you have in your side box what you are supposed to you will have coolant,oil, oil filter, various lights, a fuel filter, a 50'ft glad hand air line, a broom, airline glad hands,chains, E straps triangle, tow eye bolts and probably more.

They won't hand out coolant at all.

You use the emergency coolant and they will refill the coolant containers

If you work for Knight how do you not know this stuff? Time to get with the program or change terminals I would think.:biggrin_25525:

4. bigblue19

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    p.s. and a tire gauge.:biggrin_25525:

5. tstom

tstom Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Cincinnati, OH

Yes, but I forgot to take notes and it is not covered in the manual. In fact, there is not any pay info in the manual.

Does anybody have an answer to this. Does Knight pay for 24 hour layovers? I know I can simply ask my DM, but I wanted to get a feel for what the general experience of drivers has been because it is obvious that each terminal pays you as little as possible. Actually, it has turned into a 72 hour layover...

[​IMG]

Thanks...

6. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas

Some say yay some say nay. Probably depends on the shop, but an additional gallon or two is a good idea.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  7. Dna Mach

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Points well taken. However I am not upset about it as you seem to conclude.

The low coolant was discovered around midnight in South Dakota. I had a deliveries to do so I purchased the coolant. I called Phoenix and was told to buy it and take my recipt by any shop for reimbursement. They did not reimburse at the shop I went to.

Would you have put water in your truck in Sub Zero temperatures ? That is fine but not what would I do.

It is really no problem about the coolant...really I tell you. I was no where near a shop and I spent 20 bucks to keep my truck running and I was able to run an additional 2000 miles. Now the leak is being addressed as soon I get to the shop today and all is well. I'd say I am going to present my recipt to my shop but I'm not opening that can of worms again !!!

BTW do you know what most people would do ? Fill it water.....and then fill it with water....and then fill it again with water. You only use water in emergencies.

8. bigblue19

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    So you call Knight DP in PHX and you say my truck is BD and I need coolant and I have no money so I need a ref#for my com-check. Or a P.O.# which you put on your trip-sheet with receipt for reimbursement.

It is my experience with OTR carriers that they make reimbursements a hassle if it is after the fact.

9. Dna Mach

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Gotcha ! I did that and the guy told me "all you do you do is buy it and take your reciept by any shop for reimbursement. "

But next time, if it ever happens again, I know just who to ask for if it's late at night. I had heard that from another driver before so I didn't question the guy.

Oh yea, I almost forgot, I have to mention so you people don't pull out the Bible and start quoting, I am not upset, I run good miles and all in all I am content with this company.

Thanks

10. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

Psalm 91:5

"Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by (K)night" :biggrin_25525:

Dna Mach Thanks this.
  11. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Knight will not give out coolant. Knight emergency coolant, it's called "water"

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.