I really like Knight Transportation

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by RoaringDown55, Sep 12, 2007.

1. knighton5

knighton5 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City
    Knight and crete are only debt free because they rob there drivers. Rick, you can do better than that. If that statement was true woudnt england and a few hundred other carriers be debt free?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Well, they also rob from everybody else and get caught and have to pay the naughty taxes.

4. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    People OTR company's say they pay for this and that, and they do, if you quickly get a rep of not bending over when they don't.

They play the percentage game. You would be surprised at how many drivers will not pop tall when they have money owed to them.

If you act like a beeeaaach, they will treat you like one. They are not going to fire you unless you wreck or mouth off to a customer. So stand up for yourselves and shut the freaking load down till they pay you.

All of the OTR company's I have worked for would would try to save money on payroll and wait to see who would come a knocking to collect. Once they see how fast you are to catch their "mistakes" they usually don't have many more mistakes or omissions.

5. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    What I would do when they tried the "do this for an empty" game was hold onto the bills. Some customers required a signature before they would pay. Sure enough about a month after delivering a load for an empty I got a phone call asking if I still had those bills. I turned them in, Knight got paid and I never "did this for an empty" again. If there not going to pay you then don't go through the trouble of Transflo'ng those bills. The driver that dropped the load scanned them.

It's pretty unbelievable that they would expect a driver to show up for work only to put him on a live load that they know will take a few hours under the disguise of getting a trailer for your junk load out of the house. It should be illegal but it isn't.

6. VIZIO

VIZIO Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Well I know I'm in the wrong spot, but here it is I've been with Knight since 2003.am I a happy camper yes. is every day a good day no, I've had to sit down and a few days just as everyone else have. I can't figure if you didn't like the situation leave, no one put a gun to your head. Overall I'm having a good run with Knight. I don't know other driver situations so I can't say what to do or not. Just sayng

7. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Well I do know one thing...you won't make squat with knight...
    In 2011 all I made was...$30k..that was taking everything they offered as far a loads were concerned..

As far as reimbursements...forget it, they seem to think it's so morally wrong to reimburse scales & tolls.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.