I think I'm being BRUSHED OFF by a Knight /Squire Recruter....

Discussion in 'Knight' started by AZ_Equine, Oct 14, 2012.

1. AZ_Equine

AZ_Equine Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Small Town Arizona
    The CDL training is $2500. or $3000 if you need housing. CDL training is 3 weeks..
    There is a video that explains it on the web site.

Find out for yourself here ----

"For more information about our CDL Training, please call 855-266-4914."

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

That's a deal---3 weeks lodging (7 days/wk) for $500.

But there still will be no income during that period--can you stick that out?

4. AZ_Equine

Jul 24, 2012
    Small Town Arizona
    1 week lodging- the 2 additional weeks you are on the road in the truck one on one with trainer -

2nd week OTR
    3rd week city driving

Call them and they will clear it up for you.

5. AZ_Equine

Jul 24, 2012
    Small Town Arizona
    Once again- straight from the web site-- It's all right here - -

6. tirednaz

tirednaz Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Arizona
    The week you are local you will need to be in the hotel as well

7. OverDrive

I can see 'skinnying' down from the usual 4 wks to 3 wks, as my last week was spent waiting or testing..but at the AZ State DMV---not a 3rd party CDL (as Knight uses). Also shorter school time is why it costs $2500 and not $3000+ as most CDL schools.

tirednaz: Since Squire started at the same time I left over 4 yrs ago, where is their 'testing pad' and facility located at? The old Roadstar area? Or possibly up front at the Knight term where used to park trailers for sale? Or did Knight buy the open land next door (east)?

8. tirednaz

tirednaz Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Arizona
    The school and testing facillity is at the Phx Term East of the main building.

9. AZ_Equine

Jul 24, 2012
    Small Town Arizona
    Also I already have my DOT Exam and Permit - so there is a week of class time saved as well-

And for the next several weeks I am going to do more studying on my own to learn the air brakes test and Pre Trip from the CDL Manual, Videos and other books- So I will hopefully catch on very quickly when I get to do it hands on. Than I can concentrate more on practicing driving skills.

10. OverDrive

Must of bought the acreage next door, as east of the main was parking, fuel pumps, and trailer wash...

11. OverDrive

Since using a 3rd party CDL tester, shud also be easier with more 'grace.' 2 ppl in my class of 8 had to retest after initially failing their AZ State DMV driving test, which added a couple more days of practicing for them prior to retesting..

What the Knight ad called "3. Basic control skills" was what the AZ State DMV tested as slaloming between cones backwards, slot parking as in backing at a right angle into a 'hole....which are all 'tricks' not just skills, and the most important part of driver training is out on the road and delivering freight!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.