I think Knight screwed me again! u tell me.

Discussion in 'Knight' started by truckerdave1970, Feb 25, 2010.

1. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    It comes down to one simple fact. You hit something with your truck. No questions, no excuses, done deal. I know, cause I've been there. You did the right thing by being honest and reporting what happened. If you hadn't, things would have been alot worse. But now you have to live with the consequences of your actions. Next time you'll know better, and be more aware of your surroundings when backing. If this is the only accident on your record, you should still be able to find work. Maybe not great work, but that's more a state of the economy thing. But in this case, I'm on Knight's side. You weren't screwed. Sorry.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

My trainer that I drove with for 4 weeks and who had 35 years of driving experience gave me this advice: He said that "he had a 'clean' DAC with no accidents/incidents over his history." I marveled and asked him, "You mean you never hit anything?!" And he replied, " I have a clean DAC," replying with a smug, impish smile....

After 10 years of driving in all types of bad weather, and going to crowded unkept dirt/muddy drop yards over those years at night and in driving rains, as well as being trapped in areas via wrong Qualcom directions, etc., I TOO can say that "I have a clean DAC.".......<wink>

Minor 'incidents' (as opposed to major accidents causing $$ property or building/vehicle damage), are part of the liability of the job. And companies like Knight will 'punish' you for such minor infractions if reported. Nuff said to any newbies reading this...such can be career ending! Being noble vs. being stupid are two different things....:biggrin_25523:

4. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Not reporting damages you cause can also be a looking for employment mode...

5. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    There's a Knight drop yard almost within walking distance of my house. ###### convenient, wouldn't you think? I'm a wannabe looking for a carrier. The Knight yard could be right next door to my house and I wouldn't work for them! Thanks for the early "heads-up" Dave!:biggrin_25514:

6. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

Absolutely! Why if hit & running in those situations can also be " being stupid!" Circumstances must be taken into consideration....:biggrin_25511:

7. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona
    soooooooooooo, what would they put down after hitting a couple of animals, causing bumper damage?

8. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    Let's see, negligent homicde? Cruelty to animals? Hit and run??? I'm sure they could make up something!

9. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA

They'll get ya for littering!!

10. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    You don't hit animals . They hit you .

11. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I had an accident with Knight. Turning left off a tight street the right rear of my trailer took the mirror off a Ford Taurus. I did all I was required to do and was told I didn't need a drug test by my safety guy after he determined the dollar amount didn't justify it. That was a few years ago and it's not on my DAC. Knight still gave me my safety bonus a few months later.

If your good at what you do, they give you a free pass and chock it up to the cost of doing business. If your just another driver they will put it on your dac. Truckdriver1970, you have nothing to worry about. The honesty in reporting this minor mishap will put you ahead of the many drivers that conveniently "forget" to put stuff down on their applications. Almost all driver apps contain bogus and/or missing info to begin with.

I just wish the terminal that I worked for wasn't run by a lieing two faced worthless SOB that would steal a dollar from his own mother. Fool cost Knight a lot more than the few dollars he stole from me as I will never stop dissuading drivers from working for Knight, ever. Hated that guy yet I used to be the guy always preaching that hate is such a strong word. Now I have made an exception.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.