I want to be a truck driver

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by ruckusftlc, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    This one is local; not regional or OTR.
    Robertson’s is seeking highly motivated individuals for employment

*Please apply online at Employment - Robertson's or in person at a location near you.*

Local Commercial Driver:

• Not Licensed? No Problem - We will Train! No experience necessary, PAID TRAINING, full benefits, holiday pay & 401K.
      • Must be 25 years of age & Ready to work days or nights
      • All applications MUSTbe submitted with an H6 (a 10 year DMV printout form) that is current within 30 days. (Online version NOT accepted )
    Please visit us at rrmca.com to find the location nearest to you.

Applications can be submitted online or in person, must provide a copy of your DMV H6 print out.

Complete an online application at Employment - Robertson's
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    ruckusftlc Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's a premium job for new cdl grads from specific schools. If interested, find out which schools they hire from and attend one of those schools. I think the terminal is in Anaheim.
    Click here for more information > Apply On Company Site
    [​IMG]
    • Must possess a valid commercial driver's license with haz-mat, doubles, triples and tanker endorsements.
    • 1 year previous tractor trailer driving experience and/or be a graduate of a State Certified and Licensed truck driving school, acceptable to Old Dominion and/or have satisfactorily completed the Old Dominion truck driver training program

4. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    If you truly want to get into driving a truck. Look into a regional position. This will tell you if this is truly what you want to do for a living. No matter what portion OTR, Local, regional, or dedicated. Trucking is not for everyone. So many have thought they wanted to do it, but after seeing what it is truly like behind the wheel. They changed careers. It has to in your heart, and something you truly want to do. If it is not, you will just be wasting your time, and possibly money to get into something you later realize is not for you.

5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's a company that's high quality and the starting pay is way above average:
    [​IMG]
    This company will ship you to Missoula, Montana and provide lodging and meals during school.
    After graduation you will return to California with a new cdl and decent paychecks.
    The runs are coast to coast or western regional; whichever you want.

ruckusftlc Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's a couple of good companies that hire from 160 hr. private cdl schools.
    Melton Truck Lines - flatbed
    Freymiller - refrigerated - www.drive4freymiller.com - click on "Recent Graduates"
    Both run coast to coast and both have excellent reputations with their drivers.
    Both companies will reimburse your cdl school tuition you paid, back to you.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  7. ruckusftlc

ruckusftlc Light Load Member

Nov 30, 2018
    Thank you for your advice. But it always was a dream since I’m young. I always got truck magazine from my cousin in Canada. And I never started the career in Switzerland because the school it’s 30k and I’m honestly like the US trucks much better. Maybe it’s the right time to start a new career:) I know trucker it’s a hard live but so it’s to work as a cook in the kitchen, working nights, weekends and almots everyday overtime. My only concern is it how much English to I need to know? And are truckers really hard to find? I always see this adds with sign in bonuses. I don’t look for a high pay I would be happy with 40-50k, is that realistic?

Thanks for all answers so far

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    $40K - $50K is low pay for American truckers, unless they just aren't motivated.
    You should easily make over $60K with a high quality company and with an LTL company like Old Dominion, probably reach $80K or more. If you run teams with Old Dominion can make around $125K for each driver of the team.

Dan.S, CJ701 and ruckusftlc Thank this.
  9. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    One must be able to read, understand English to be able to pass/take CDL test. Also to be able to know road signs in America.

Dan.S Thanks this.
  10. ruckusftlc

ruckusftlc Light Load Member

Nov 30, 2018
    I can do that:)

Dan.S Thanks this.
  11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Hiring Company Drivers | KKW Trucking
    driveforkkwtrucking.com
    This company might hire you if you graduate from a decent 160 hour school. Run Western 11 states. Headquartered in Pomana.
    [​IMG]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.