I wonder why the New Driver forum slowed down?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TruckRunner, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Buster Churry

Buster Churry Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2018
    Up The Road
    Except we have to change the gate crashin’ From 98 to the company mandated 65

Farmerbob1 and IluvCATS Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    The one's that are even better than that are the 6 or 8 that respond actually telling little Johnny just that, and everybody makes mistakes.

jammer910Z Thanks this.
  4. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    2 years experience and now works in safety department.
    2 years is enough, been there, done that, seen it, now makes judgment calls on others.
    SMH.

tommymonza, jammer910Z and IluvCATS Thank this.
  5. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Well, the US economy is on the mend after some economic sanity was instituted. Maybe most people looking for jobs can find one closer to home, if that's what they want.

Dave_in_AZ and IluvCATS Thank this.
  6. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    I have a dozen questions I'll post later to revive the forum.:)

Farmerbob1, deathB4decaf and IluvCATS Thank this.
  7. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    The truth does that to people

REO6205 Thanks this.
  8. Jaybless

Jaybless Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2018
    I actually was just going over this with one of the admins of the site. As a soon to be driver (start school on Monday), Ive been on this site faithfully over the past 3 weeks or so for at least 2 hours a day between taking the practice tests for the permit and endorsements and general research of the industry. The thing Ive found about this forum is if you simply exercise patience and use the search bar, whatever question you want to ask has likely already been answered plenty of times over. The site has some really good members who share info willingly and with good intentions more times than not. I've really learned a ton about the industry simply by browsing thru the different forum topics. For example, instead of going to company school, I went the route of paying my own schooling so I can have the freedom to choose who I want to work for. Also, I always assumed that rookies coming out of school were pretty much only limited to OTR long haul jobs. Now as I look for a company, I'm focusing my research on LTL positions for cdl graduates. I didn't even know what LTL was 3 weeks ago! I'm here so far with a list of 2 companies so far. Old Dominion and Estes. 3 weeks ago I wouldve thought OD was the name of a themepark. My point is that maybe you have less questions because more people are taking the time to actually do the research as oppose to re-asking a question that was already answered a week ago.

CK73 and spooky-tooth Thank this.
  9. Jwhis

Jwhis Heavy Load Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I’m one of the idiots that ignores advice. So I’m still here and new.

Dave_in_AZ and jammer910Z Thank this.
  10. truadvocate

truadvocate Light Load Member

Mar 31, 2018
    No, not at all.

It has been my experience that few drivers take that subject seriously.

No one wants a life changing event in their lives held up as comic relief for people who haven't a clue or a care.

People make mistakes and some people are falsely accused.

11. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Tru Dat.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.