If you park at a Walmart...

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by NewTruckerGuy, May 10, 2024.

1. NewTruckerGuy

NewTruckerGuy Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2024
    When you park at a Walmart (that has truck parking)... do they typically allow you to park your truck there for your home time (like up to 5 days?)... or just one night?

Now I know the obvious answer is "just call them". But I'm not asking about any one (or few) specific Walmart(s). Just in general.

Let me rephrase that... Has anyone ever left their truck at a Walmart truck parking for more than one night at a time?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    Better question. Do you really think a store as busy as a walmart is going to let you, in essence. Abandon a giant vehicle at their lot taking up space a customer could?

Further even if they were willing, would you really want to leave you vehicle unattended for an entire week? Potentially with valuable cargo, and even if not, still in a place where thousands or tens of thousands of people many of who will just by volume be of the unsavory sort and will notice your vehicle is unattended? An unattened vehicle full of valuable parts, cargo contents or which they would happily steal in its entirety mind you. Or some people would sabatoge just because lul.

And lastly most megas would balk at it for good reason. Liability is sky high for that kinda nonsense. So odds are very good any damage would be on YOU fully at best.

I mean the more you consoder the question the more ridiculous it is....

Sons Hero, BigR, Hammer166 and 17 others Thank this.
  4. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    No.
    It’s not a motel, thus probably have someone call law, abandoned truck/wellness check/break in and see if the driver is dead inside.

5. LowBeam

LowBeam Light Load Member

Jan 31, 2023
    My opinion is that, even if WM would allow you to extended park, should you? Walmart isn't a truckstop. The stores are generally busy from open to close. The ones that allow truck parking are usually limited in space and the longer you are parked there, the higher the number of trucks that might not get in for supplies and out quickly. To take up a space in a walmart for 5 days isn't really a courteous thing from the truck parking perspective.

6. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Paid, secure parking isn't difficult to find but might be expensive depending on where you live. Around me it's pretty cheap a $100 a month. Get the company to cover it or leave their equipment on their yard if they won't.

7. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    The owner of the property may not be owned by Walmart. The Walmart manager may say it's OK but the parking lot owner says no and your truck gets towed.
    Maybe towed the first night and you pay storage fee for the next 4 days. That's a storage bill I don't want to risk.
    Good luck finding a spot.

8. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Can you repeat this just in case there are any other ridiculous questions?

Hammer166, 86scotty, Lonesome and 4 others Thank this.
  9. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I have left it at Walmart for a weekend, but in this day and age, that's risky. Some Walmarts don't care, but others will have you towed or booted. I don't ever leave my truck at a Walmart anymore.

10. FearTheCorn

FearTheCorn Medium Load Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Omaha
    Walmart is not a truck stop. M`kay?

11. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Every Walmart is different. DO NOT EXPECT to park at any Walmart for days. The only answer that matters is not the average answer for many walmarts but the one answer for that one walmart you are at.Average answers are worthless because no store that isnt the average store will change their policy because other Walmart do this or do that. "But some guy on the internet said other Walmarts do ABC" will never change the Walmart you are getting booted or towed away from.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.