If your fired from a company can they kick you off property?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by asphaltcowboy4x4, Oct 17, 2020.

1. BeHereNow97

BeHereNow97 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2020
    I must be living like a pauper. I probably have about $2,000 worth of items in my truck which includes clothes, nice work boots for about $150, couple pairs of sneakers, couple pairs of slippers, winter/rain jackets, stacker bins, usually keep a few reading books, random OTC medicines/toiletries/shower stuff. My laptop is the most expensive item at about $500 but I bought it 2 years ago so I suppose it's probably worth less now than when I bought it. I can't imagine keeping 25 grand in the truck but to each their own. You can probably get it insured so if it disappeared if the company fired you, maybe you could file a claim under theft?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I'm rather impulsive, so the best advice I can give you is; put a retirement plan in place first, then the toys.
    At any time, a health issue or age can end your trucking career, so a retirement plan will keep you going and enjoying life.
    I've gone so far as to have pre-purchased my cremation urn; pictured:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    Speed_Drums, mjd4277, rachi and 18 others Thank this.
  4. laaylor

laaylor Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    Omg! $25000??? Really? Lol...

5. asphaltcowboy4x4

asphaltcowboy4x4 Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2018
    yeah is there a way to get stuff insured for trucker in case of accident or something like that

BeHereNow97 Thanks this.
  6. asphaltcowboy4x4

asphaltcowboy4x4 Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2018
    I have a retirement plan in place already

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I've always worked off the philosophy of being able to get everything I NEED out of the truck inside 5 minutes and everything I WANT out inside an hour. Laptop is always in it's bag, I have a metal clipboard with all the important documents in it, cash in a hidden envelop, and my backpack has my shower gear and a change of cloths - that's the 5 minute list. I have two empty duffels under the bunk, each with a laundry bag in it. Worst comes to worst, the 5 minute stuff comes out first, followed by the tools, followed by whatever I can get into the duffels, followed by the laundry bags. I may not be able to carry it all in one shot, but I can get it off property and uber to the car rental place.

As Opus said, you have rights, and you have no rights. In order for them to remove you without your personal belongings, ya dun f'd things up to the max.

8. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    My homeowners insurance covers it, but I doubt I would ever file a claim as the deductible and the headache of filing is more than everything in the truck is worth.

bzinger and Sirscrapntruckalot Thank this.
  9. BeHereNow97

BeHereNow97 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2020
    There's got to be. I haven't bothered with it but I know I was offered insurance on household items when I moved into my first apartment. I can't remember who that was with it might've been my car insurance asking me if I wanted to insure the household items I'm not sure.

With my cell phone (which is an expensive newer one) I have coverage on that that would replace it if I had an accident or it got damaged or broken or stolen or whatever. It's through Verizon and an Iphone.

I think it was through my car insurance that they were offering household item insurance check with them (your personal car insurance) provider and see what they say.

10. iceman32

iceman32 Medium Load Member

Sep 26, 2014
    I have a love doll from real doll studios, she looks like Eva Green. Worth $20k so I’d be burning the place up if they keep my stuff lol.

11. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Does she wear a seat belt?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.