In desperate need of something new

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by DuvalKid, May 22, 2018.

1. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    my bro-in-law works at UPS. i personally know a couple of UPS former drivers. those guys get "about" 5 grand a month, they are teamsters 251. my bro-in-law, working part time mind you, just unloading/reloading the trucks at night) got a letter in the mail, he can retire in (i think 3 more years, and get "about" $3,000 on a part time pay....!!!!

that's where i got those numbers from.

i was thinking that pepsi was also teamsters. i am sure they are "up here" in New England.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HoustonTrucker

HoustonTrucker Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2015
    They aren't Teamsters in most of the country. Most definitely non union in the south and west.

Pepsi has their own pension It isnt very good.

4. dan31186

dan31186 Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Cincinnati, OH
    Home City Ice may be worth looking at. They have two locations in Atlanta. Same type of work but mostly to outdoor merchandisers and only two products to deliver. Pay can be good if you can hustle. I drove for them for 5 years.

5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    oh...then i can see the o/p not wanting to stay....cuz man, it's a very good pension.

6. Mack185

Mack185 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2008
    UPS still has a good and for now, secure pension. You must not get out much because Teamsters does not usually equal a good pension anymore in most cases, read up on central states.

coastietruckin' and Cardfan89 Thank this.
  7. DuvalKid

DuvalKid Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks for the replies guys!

I ended up submitting my two weeks as I cannot take it anymore. I know this may be viewed as a "cowards" way out but man, I feel like you shouldn't have to work this hard with a CDL and deal with the bs that comes with being a merchandiser. I am going the remainder of my endorsements this week( I already have D/T) and I am going to flood these LTL companies with apps until I land one. I would not have a problem with a dock-to-driver program as it would be a better road for me than underpaid hard labor.

coastietruckin' and Bob Dobalina Thank this.
  8. DuvalKid

DuvalKid Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Update: I applied to Estes and got a call back for a face-to-face and I cannot tell you how excited I am! The position I applied for is "Local P&D Driver". I hope my eight months of experience will not turn off the TM when I have the in-person interview though. I am waiting on my Hazmat stuff to come back to obtain that and I should be golden! This is truly a blessing after all the great things i've read and heard about Estes.

9. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    Awesome! Good luck. There's a chance they'll stick you in their training program as if you're a dock-to-driver candidate since you don't have a year experience yet, but that's no big deal. You're in a good position, knowing what real work is. Drivers who go into LTL P&D from easy jobs tend to not handle it as well as food/beverage drivers, who are usually grateful and consider it easy work.

Just passing by and Cardfan89 Thank this.
  10. jgarciajr40

jgarciajr40 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Just got into an ltl company myself being a beer jockey. It’s freaking gravy bro if you have former beverage/food experience. I recently found out though I can’t back for sh**

MACK E-6, Naptown and Bob Dobalina Thank this.
  11. HoustonTrucker

HoustonTrucker Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Was that call from a recruiter or a TM? Usually a recruiter will call you first and ask you a few simple questions about your license and endorsements, then your app is sent to the TM to review.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.