In search of a good leaf blower for cleaning trailers

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by cdavis188, Sep 14, 2023.

1. cdavis188

cdavis188 Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    Title says it all. Getting tired of sweeping out 53 footers all the time.

Any brand recommendations? Anything I should watch for or avoid? I have a Lowe's, Menards, and Ace Hardware near me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Some are quieter than others. You might compare specs, to see what's what.

Still -- I recommend some sort of hearing protection while in use inside the trailer (I used ear plugs).

When I was pulling boxes, I bought a blower with a rechargeable battery from Home Depot.

It's been long enough since.....that the current models are likely quieter/more powerful/lighter/faster recharge times.

At the paper mill I delivered to (or elewhere) -- I never failed a trailer inspection. :p

The blower gets a large share of the credit for that.....:D

-- L

4. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Whichever you go with make sure it fits where you want to keep it. Some of them are a bit bulky. I wanted a Dewalt since I already had batteries but had to go with Ryobi from Home Depot.

5. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Milwaukee M-18 is what I have and it’s worth every penny I spent. It really blows. :)

Got mine through the “Red Tool Store” online and it shipped really fast. Bought many items through them and they always impressed. Looks like prices went up a lot though.

Make sure to get the package including charger and two batteries. They sell the tool only so don’t get fooled. The batteries are charger at super expensive if you buy separately.

Home Depot carries them also.

I had a cheap Home Depot Ryobi blower but it didn’t last and wasn’t that powerful.

6. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    cdavis188 and Sons Hero Thank this.
  7. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Luckily I’m hauling frac sand now so the blower sits on the shelf. I do admit it was weak when it wasn’t at full charge. But I didn’t have a lot of debris to move. It was more a professionalism thing. My trailer was always spotless.

It didn’t work on this mess LOL
    IMG_7703.jpeg

8. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    @Concorde nailed it. Buy the Milwaukee M18 blower. Always buy Milwaukee everything. Their stuff is the best in the business.

9. Woobie

Woobie Medium Load Member

May 3, 2013
    RVA
    I have a Ryobi I used at Magnum, but I second the guys recommending the Milwaukee. I've not used their blower, but I've got several other M18 tools and they're all top notch.

10. hope not dumb twucker

hope not dumb twucker Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2022
    Go with what ever you have batteries for already. I got a harbor freight Bauer brand. Works pretty good. Needs the bigger battery though. Just gotta keep the trailer clean and it’s only a minute or two and done.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.