Injectors n14 ecm bad

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Zethull, Dec 11, 2023.

1. Zethull

Zethull Bobtail Member

May 26, 2023
    KY
    I called Midwest ecm repair and i want to send ecm in to have it looked at. Truck is shuting off while driving. I told her i was told it was turned up to 530hp and she asked if i put the upgraded injectors in?? I replaced injectors a couple times and always got the ones for serial number p/n injector 3411766. My question is if its turned up and i use injector for serial number stock that was i think 460hp will it take out the ecm or make any difference?

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    For 525hp injector 67 is used, however bunch of people use 66 without problems. Do you have any codes? I am pretty sure you just lose power to the ECM while hitting bumps on the road. Usually the problem is with the batteries wires plug to the engine harness or connections at the batteries.

W923 Thanks this.
  4. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    No - different injectors won’t take out an ECM.

I reviewed your last few threads, you’ve been having issues for a while I see.

If it were me, park it, pull ECM and send to Midwest, and while it’s off, go and clean/sand/rewire all your grounds.

In fact - before sending ECM off, check all wiring and replace if it looks in the least bit sketchy.

W923 Thanks this.
  5. Zethull

Zethull Bobtail Member

May 26, 2023
    KY
    ecm is in the mail now. Last couple months everything has been going wrong, cam, alternator, batteries just tested bad, abs sensor out with a couple solenoids and the running like #### with an engine light on and off. Im ganna wait to see what midwest says about ecm and what codes they pull off it and go from there. As for the injectors midwest and ecm king told me that if its turned up to 530 and i dont have the upgraded injectors i can damage the ecm,,, dont understand that but thats what they both said so idk

blairandgretchen and W923 Thank this.
  6. W923

W923 Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2022
    They are wrong on damaging the ecm….or at least that’s my experience. I also know they are 100 percent against any and all turning up. I basically have to give them false information to get them to up one even if everything is the same by the cpl/esn. I have seen n14s with injector part numbers for 370hp have 525 ecms and any and every other combination you can think of

blairandgretchen and Zethull Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.