Internet hotspot unlimited and phone

Discussion in 'Cellular - Voice - Data' started by packersfanmw87, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Lunatic Fringe

Lunatic Fringe Medium Load Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Yes, you would purchase the Mofi router separately. Not necessary unless you need multiple internet connections at the same time ie. streaming video while surfing the internet or multiple users on the connection (team drivers).

Visible will let you bring your own phone IF it’s compatible with their network. There’s a tool to check if your phone’s compatible on their website. If you don’t have a compatible phone you would have to buy one from them. Cheapest option is $79 right now.

2. Lunatic Fringe

Oct 1, 2016
    You can connect one device at a time to you phone with bluetooth. I use it with my iPad. Works great.

Getsinyourblood Thanks this.
  3. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Pdanet+ let's you use your phone's data.

4. TomBow

TomBow Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2020
    MN
    who would waste thyme, it is a valuable spice, no?
    Hey WT, Can you break down your exact system, What phone you have, who the carrier is, How you use PDAnet and your general use of date (streaming movies, Internet research, or wha?). Not trying to be nosy, just like to see that actual process someone uses. Thanks. I just passed CDL early Nov. too, started job last Monday, HOLY ____! I dig this gig!
    Thanks, TomBow

5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Tmobile has unlimited everything. At 50gb of data they slow down ur connection speed. 75 a month or 70 with auto pay.

6. Lunatic Fringe

Oct 1, 2016
    PDANet has issues - besides being ANCIENT!

1. The iPhone/iPad version cannot be downloaded and installed from the iTunes store. You need to jailbreak your device to install it. Of course, Apple won't let a jailbroken device use their app store.
    2. You have to buy PDAnet for BOTH devices and connect them with a cable for best speeds While Wi-Fi connections are possible, they're significantly slower.
    3. Not as fast as straight-up tethering or a hotspot.
    4. If you get caught (Yes, you can get caught using PDANet). You will be BANNED FOR LIFE from the carrier. Ask me how I know!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  7. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    I have Sprint unlimited.

I tether quite a bit.

The actual Sprint Android phone has the Mobile Hotspot Setup on it no need for pda.net or any of that.

There is a certain amount of bandwidth if you go over at the busiest times you may see your connection slow down.

8. Purity

Purity Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2020

I’m really interested in getting a mofi and probably going with Visible as well but I have some questions: do you hit dead zones? Also, is it really as easy as putting the SIM card in and boom you’re connected, no activation or no setup? What drawbacks have you come across with this?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.