IRT Indian River Transport $1500 BONUS

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by truckerjosh2011, Dec 15, 2014.

1. truckerjosh2011

truckerjosh2011 Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2014
    The fuel solution comes with the route plan. Flying j's, pilots and loves is where they get their discounts so if you can't find one on any route before your outta fuel there's a problem. You help they will help you. No detention time yes BUT these trucks run faster than any company I've ever ran with as a company driver and for that equals more miles on the same clock as long as you keep in the fuel reward parameters. Miles are never an issue sooo what does that say? Any company can pay .50 a mile BUT are you gonna get the miles and is your truck going to let you run? THATS the difference. I would rather let a company like IRT let me do what I do best and not be restricted because of equipment limitations. I'll take the waiting cause I know I can make it up on the back end.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bobthesailor

bobthesailor Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Huntington,Tx
    Can't make up 1 day to load and 2 days getting unloaded. Ive had way faster company trks as in WFO! When I worked there I fueled when and where I wanted.

Spring Chicken Thanks this.
  4. truckerjosh2011

Mar 28, 2014
    Well it's different for everyone I guess. I expect it to happen sometimes if it became an ongoing problem then I would have to raise a big issue. I talked to a lot of drivers for IRT before and during orientation and they all said the same thing. Yea it can and will happen but take the bad with the good, do your job and they will do theirs. Drivers come in the ######## and moaning because they don't like something, the door is open to leave. Anyone who's driven truck longer than two days knows two things, there are no guarantees with loads cause stuff happens things change and there is no such thing as a perfect company. So far I like what I see, I like how I'm treated, love the equipment and I will do my part.

bobthesailor Thanks this.
  5. bobthesailor

bobthesailor Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Huntington,Tx
    All you can do I reckon..

6. Jabber1990

Jabber1990 Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Jackson, MO
    I have heard a rumor that they are starting to slow the trucks down to 65, if you don't idle and keep your MPG's good they'll let you go 68 (which i'm actually fine with)

I have a couple of theories behind why they are doing that, 1) they are tired of people getting speeding tickets 2)the old Kevin Rutherford solution of saving money: drive 57 (which is just BS science)

and just because your truck goes faster doesn't mean you get there sooner

I don't want a fast truck because i'm a young arrogant speed demon (if you knew me you'd know that's not how I am at all) but I like being able to go close to the speed limit i'm not a traffic hazard. also I would like to "control my destiny" by passing the Prime/Schneider/Swift guy in front of me. "leave yourself an out" how do you have an "out" if you're stuck behind them?

personally, I believe enough drivers out here have enough common-sense not to drive too fast. if you take off the governors (or put them to a max of say 75) we'll be able to "control our destiny" and also we have enough respect out here to police ourselves.

7. stabob

stabob Heavy Load Member

May 25, 2011
    Sebring Fl
    Enough respect to police our selfs HaHaHhhaaa!! Comedian and thread destroyer.

8. truckerjosh2011

Mar 28, 2014
    I don't drive like an animal but I do like having the ability to do 70 when the speed limit permits. Smooth bore tanks are no joke so for me it would beat me to death trying to drive like a maniac thru town nor is it desirable. I have kids and a family I sure wouldn't want someone driving like that around them so it's just common sense. It actually depends what truck you have, KW, FL, and 2014 Petes with cummins work off a manageable 6.6 mpg and no more than I think 30% idle time. If you can stay better than those numbers you get +5 added to 65. If your in the new Petes with PACCAR MX you get 65 and that's it.

9. Spring Chicken

Spring Chicken Medium Load Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Lakeland, FL
    The difference is when you sat at dot foods, you were paid for your detention time. Probably not for all of it, but you DID get paid SOMETHING. At IRT you could sit for a week at a customer and not get a dime.

10. Spring Chicken

Spring Chicken Medium Load Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Lakeland, FL
    All this bs about doing 70 mph and driver rewards is coming to an end. If you get a 579 it will be set at 65 and there are no driver rewards. If you're in a 386 you better enjoy it now because those are going away quickly.

bobthesailor Thanks this.
  11. South Bound

South Bound Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Lower 48
    Hey Josh, how's the new job going? Are you still liking it?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.