Is C.R. England a good starter company

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by BigL22, Jun 3, 2020.

1. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Things have changed in the 12 years You were there. And I will admit, CR England is where I got my start in 2006. Paper logs back then, and yeah, I leased a truck and went straight onto the WM dedicated out of Mccarren, nv. Did my two years and moved on. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    G13Tomcat and Upinsmoke Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Metalicious

Metalicious Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2015
    Doesn't C.R England run three man trucks? One trainer and two student drivers?

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  4. snapplepress

snapplepress Bobtail Member

Oct 13, 2019
    I'm another driver with the same story. I only worked OTR 3 months with them and literally the only time I was able to go home was to grab my CDL. Even then they complained about it.

For what it's worth too they never routed my partner and I through where I used to live. I had buddies working with CR at the same time and they were given loads that took them through there every other week. They really will do whatever it takes to keep you out.

5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    My friend worked for CR England. He got his license from them. Ran teams. He went to CFI before his contract was up. CFI bought out his contract. Even if you start running for England, you may get lucky and fine a company that will do the same once you get some experience under your belt. In any event, the other members gave you a bunch of choices. I'll throw in Witte Bros if can get 500 bucks to get started. If you go to roadmaster first, then to a company, call and see about the reimbursement

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.