Is it just me or are young adults under the age of 25 just plain lazy?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Trucks66, Nov 28, 2021.

1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Millennials were kind of the tail end of the people who put in the effort to succeed. The current generation, Zoomers I think they call 'em, those are the ones that seem pretty entitled. Not all of them mind you but the entitled ones seem to be a larger proportion of the population.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucker61016

Trucker61016 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Linville, Va
    Yep the Zoomers have Zoomed out of reality and into fantasy land, YouTube and Instagram are their preferred jobs now......and showing off large amounts of cash, they care about instant rich schemes over working hard.....

4. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan

5. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Entitlement seems to be something that spreads to all age groups. Social media has literally ruined people. Any venture into public leaves me disgusted.

6. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    This really shows the reality. Kids today don't want to work because they don't get paid for it. Not nearly to the same extent as the older generations did. What's the point of working when minimum wage won't even pay for a place to live, let alone food.

Remember the fight for $15/h minimum wage? With inflation that $15/h should now be $22/h. The older generations had it super easy and now they complain about the younger generation having it easy when it's not even comparable.

7. 501knight

501knight Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2021

8. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    When I graduated highschool right at the start of a prior recession I had 2 choices: pump gas for $8/hour for 25-28 hours a week. Or hop in my pickup with a stack of resumes and start driving, applying at every place that looked interesting until I found a job that'd get me going in life. No regrets about taking that drive.

9. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    It can absolutely be done today if one is very frugal. Problem is everyone thinks they are entitled to high standards of living. Best phone. Best clothes. Best car. $5-6 dollar coffee/iced drinks/energy drinks every day. Then complain that $15 ain’t enough Well, it shouldn’t be something lived on forever. I know lots of people that were single parents making crap money and survived.

These stupid girls with the long fake pointy nails and ridiculous looking fake eyelashes. Tanning beds. That all is expensive. Yet they continue to do it and the parents support it.

10. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    The little things add up. Just a large double double at Tim Hortons is $2. That's $14/week. Almost $730/year if you get one every day. The fancy $5-6 coffees you're referencing, that's $1800-$2200 a year. I can make 2 cups a day at home in my $100 coffee pot for about $120 a year.

That's JUST for coffee. Add in all that other unneccessary crap and you can save tons.

11. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    A lot of them seem clueless to reality. Almost like they’re out of touch. I suspect they’re much smarter than they seem. Their minds are preoccupied somewhere in cyberspace. The Industrial Age is gone. The technology/Information age is upon us. It’s a whole different world in a lot of ways. The information available now is endless. The way people communicate has changed drastically. The older generations, like myself, don’t get it. I don’t think the younger generation’s as lazy as they seem to be. They’re just doing things differently. Many have no desire to toil their lives away in factories, or other menial jobs. I don’t blame them. The idea that a real job includes physically working, as much as possible to get ahead, as I was taught, isn't really true anymore. The good paying jobs that anyone can be taught to do are gone. The younger generation knows this, and isn’t interested in wasting their lives at dead end jobs. As far as being lazy, that’s nothing new. Applies to all the generations. Except for mine!! Lol!!

pete781693, alds, kylefitzy and 4 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.