Is it possible to make good money hauling containers (intermodal)?

Discussion in 'Intermodal Trucking Forum' started by Byrds Eye View, Sep 2, 2012.

1. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Considering the members from Europe, which there are a few, have no problem posting in English, albeit broken, they make the effort, I will not cut/paste to Google translate when I'm part of an English language website.

Mastertech Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas

I work for transnoble logistics , my number is .......

Ok? Lol....

4. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  5. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    ehh actually depending on the load i can get anywhere from 5 dollars a mile to 2 dollars a mile a local port/rail guy makes more than a over the road guy and actually gets to enjoy family time being home everyday and we have more healthy lifes than them!

6. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    Anybody lease into schneider doing rails? Or maybe jb hunt... wonder what's the rates are like hauling containers

7. JJKid

JJKid Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    have a few buddys who lease to jb hunt.

they clear $1,600 to $2,000 TOPS.

8. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    anytime you have to compete agains company drivers your paycheck will be not as big

Newtrucker83, 77fib77 and JJKid Thank this.
  9. JJKid

JJKid Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    THIS!

dont let the big cats fool you. they might lease you on but they will give the sweet work to their company drivers. as a owner operator, once you hit that $1,800 mark.. they will shut your ### DOWN! now.. for some people, that's pretty good... but as a owner operator... $1,800 to $2,000 is not enough for him. local or not.. actually, screw LOCAL WORK... i hate that #### with a passion. My buddys work at JB Hunt just to have the title "Local Owner Operator around Chicago"..lol.

10. Roadawg

Roadawg Light Load Member

Feb 15, 2015
    I don't think I will have a problem with running containers. I drive a rolloff truck right now and its pretty much the same concept just with a straight truck. Overloaded cans, cans loaded to the one side, cans that are jacked-up, customers that are jacked-up, dispatchers that are jacked-up, ect...lol...I love my job... but everyday isn't like that.

Once I do buy the truck and get into the groove and learn the system, I would be content with netting around $1.7k a week while being home everyday if I choose to. I live a simple life.

Anybody know any o/o that will sell their truck on terms with a down payment that located in the PA, NJ, MD area? Just throwing it out there.

11. mmatias

mmatias Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2015
    new york city
    Theres no other job like private sanitation. I work for a company in the bronx for a few years. Done everything from rolloff, rear packers, collect,and now doing walking floors and tipper. Like I tell every body money is good on the garbage business but you never got time for the family.in this busines you never home, you up all night and sleep the hole day. You work 65 hours plus every week and your days off you spend them resting. This is why am here like everybody else trying to learn the container business and work for my self

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.