IS THERE ANY COMPANYS THAT HAVE W900 or Pete 379

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by cowboy385, Dec 8, 2007.

1. blackw900

blackw900 The Grandfather of Flatbed

Jul 12, 2009
    A.W.O.L
    I drove an old KW cabover years ago that had it...Not a good ride!

I had a KW in the eighties that had "walkin' beam" suspension...Roughest riding truck I ever had

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MUSTANGGT

MUSTANGGT Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Georgia
    I never drove one, but that Mack "camelhump" looked like it had to be a killer too.

4. CuntryBoyTrucker

CuntryBoyTrucker Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2016
    That is the most stupid #### I have ever heard (you gotta open the door and lean out to back a w900 or 379 up). Majority of my trucking career (13 years and counting) I have driven a W900L and not once have I had to open the door and lean out to back it up. If you sit in the seat with air in it instead of acting like some gangster with no air in the seat and have your mirrors adjusted right you can see everything you need to see. And another thing I go in and out the mountains with loads of logs in a W900L with a studio sleeper and not once have I tore it up or wrecked it. It's all the driver knowing how to drive and handle the truck.

Crusader66 Thanks this.
  5. Salad

Salad Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2015
    This is a 7-9 year old thread dude.

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  6. Trucker Nunnery

Trucker Nunnery Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2020
    And Nobody Can Answer This Guys Question. period it's like people can't read or refuse to answer .He Asked a Question about Companies with Particular Trucks and Y'all going to some big stupid lecture ... Answer the question or dont post my Lord people I mean Really.......

free spirited1 Thanks this.
  7. Farva

Farva Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2018
    South Dakota
    I was issued a 2020 579 w/ plastic on the seats fresh out of TMC CDL school and grossed $77k last year as a rookie. This supertrucker pay your dues #### is silly, imo. Personally, I'd take my new 579 over a 90's 379 or W9 every day of the week and twice on Sunday. I just don't give a crap about long nose or what other drivers think of my truck. That being said, no way I'm getting into a freightshaker after having been in 579's now for nearly 2 years.

Speed_Drums and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  8. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    Thats where the industry is at now. There are no more dues to be paid..The industry has been dumbed down to a point where anybody that can push the "D" button and follow a GPS can have a job. English language isn't even required anymore.

9. free spirited1

free spirited1 Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    Any latest update to the OP title? Revive the Post!!

10. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere

Oh no you didn't just revive a 14 year old thread!!!!

11. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    My favorite truck is the one that stays out of the shop and the left door stays closed.

Pamela1990 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.