Is this an acceptable BP?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Rahat, Mar 8, 2023.

1. Hawkeye72

Hawkeye72 Light Load Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Iowa
    When your sitting in the waiting room take some deep breaths and relax. The physical is pretty quick. When you get to the exam room, take some more deep breaths.

Another Canadian driver and Rahat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rahat

Rahat Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2023
    For the Almighty's sakes, please don't make fun of depressed people. It is a problem, a real problem. Just like a bacteria in your body that requires antibiotics.

4. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    You posted on your other thread that you took them, Correction; for your anxiety, SAME THING

5. Rahat

Rahat Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2023
    I took them after this BP test

6. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    I’m usually ok on everything until the lil hot nurse goes to posing or rubbing all on you trying to do the checkup.
    other than that, I could care less.
    I just balk when the doctor dude says, “Drop trousers.”
    Then i’m in denial mode.
    He usually gets his feelings hurt, i leave mad.

Last time i went to a woman doctor,
    I always create a scene… The turn your head and cough while i squeeze your privates always ends up with me purposely yelling out, “Let go!! Let go!!”and pitch gets higher, and a “She’s trying to kill me!!” yelled out in a high pitched voice helps.

Though she knows me, as she’s married to a friend of mine, so she expects me to do something or she think i’m not feeling well, then the tests get to serious for me.

7. Diesel Dave

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Please send me address to where you go ;):D:rolleyes:

8. Diesel Dave

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Not picking on anyone, your issues can be resolved without medication. You need to control and PRACTICE using your brain. Respectfully, it’s all mental. I’ve done it. It works without meds. It’s not easy but it works. Look up “Eastern Medicine”, and read and practice constantly, search different links and so on. Find a Chiropractic that practices Eastern Medicine too. I’ve been in your shoes, But you don’t see me on here whining about it nor creating different threads about your issues. Instead of creating your drama on here, Do RESEARCH instead of wasting your time on here. Good Luck.

9. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Those numbers are pretty good for 5'9" / 200. You would probably be about the average when it comes to truck drivers, either overweight or class 1 obese. Go to any truck stop and watch for a bit. You'll see plenty in much worse shape and they're drivin.

You going to take any of the advice on doing any physical activity to help alleviate your depression or are you determined the only way thru the day is from a pill.? Even a half hour walk, preferably outside in the fresh air will help you greatly. Try it for 1 week. I have miserable times too and here's a trick I use. Open the calendar app on your phone. At the end of each day put 2 emojis in for the day. Come up with a system of horrible day to best day ever. The first will be for your physical, did you eat decent, did you do any exercise, how did you do physically for the day. The 2nd emoji is for your mental state. Horrible day? Ok/good/great/as good as it can get? Make it a habit and be honest about it. Clinical depression is defined as 2 years or more of steady misery. So you can see where this comes in useful over time. It allows you to look back and see when things were very positive and life was good or when things weren't so good. Never write anything down it's easy to think you've been miserable since the day you were born that's how depression is. I also put in my weight at least the 1st of every month sometimes I try for once a week. The point is to track these things it only takes but a few seconds a day. Gained 3 pounds in Feb even though I hit my steps every day. So March I make small decisions every day to change that. If you never measure anything you can run up to 250, 300, whatever, since it happens slowly over a long time. Same with staying on top of your finances. Never pay attention to it you end up with 25 grand credit card debt since you setup auto minimum payment and forgot about it then one day oh s***. Sitting and stewing and googling and all the woe-is-me crap isn't doing you any favors.

In the end, all we can do here is offer words of support and advice. It's up to you to decide if you actually want to be happy or live in perpetual misery. I hope things work out for you, really.

10. mmk trucking

mmk trucking Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Your BMI they will screw you over

Another Canadian driver and Rahat Thank this.
  11. Rahat

Rahat Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2023
    I walked 4 miles today. A gas station is offering me a job. $700 a week salary. Not much physical activity involved. It is 4 miles from home. I am thinking of working for them, and heal in the mean time. 8 miles of walking commute.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.