It can't be that easy to get hired?

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by clayshot, Nov 11, 2013.

1. luvtotruck

luvtotruck Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Phoenix Arizona
    Here is the deal, They have a minimum set of requirements:
    Breathing?:
    Speaks some English?:
    Seems all there no obvious mental problems?:
    Seems to know what truck driving is?:
    Understands that driving with us will cost them?:
    Has a half way decent driving record(to be thoroughly checked upon arrival to O):
    No murders on Criminal record( Same as above):
    Seems may pass a physical?:
    Seems to have a good(or not so good) Work record(To be verified when they arrive for O):
    Then you take the bus, you arrive, you are invited, YOU DO NOT have the job, then they run your MVD they run your back ground and foreground checks, they check your work record, they call all involved, they run stuff you didn't even know can be ran, here if they find anything that isn't on a piece of paper that you submitted then there is troubles, you will be headed home unless they really need a body in the seats, see they make money from the Gov. to take people out of the unemployment ranks, They may even send you home if they think you got ####y with them about the hundreds of questions that they have asked you every which way it can be worded, They have you under a microscope, goof it up and down the road you go, See ya! I hope this helps.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dfaf

dfaf Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2013
    California
    Found this information on truckerstruth website:

Going off of these requirements, and assuming I'd pass physical, I'd be in, not sure if they actually reflect the real hiring guidelines in use today.

4. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    Snoring is one indicator I believe that you may have to have the sleep apnea test, don't know if they help with the costs or not, also a large neck size like 17.

Don't know if they require a TWIC or passport, but you will need an official copy of your birth certificate with seal, a non laminated copy of ss card, usually the last 2 yrs of your w2 tax forms.

5. tangerineGT

tangerineGT Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA
    Hit the nail right on the head there !!!!!!!!
    A persons attitude goes along way when you show up

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  6. Gitana

Gitana Light Load Member

May 23, 2012
    Kissimmee, FL
    I like to do that kind of thing via email. That way she knows her answer is "on the record" and is less likely to just tell you what she knows you want to hear.

Good luck!

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  7. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Much to be said for a good paper trail . . .

8. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    I think some companies are starting to raise flags over a 35 BMI, and a certain neck size.

9. dfaf

dfaf Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2013
    California
    After re-weighing myself this morning I'm sitting @ 35.6 on the BMI. So I have about 6lbs to lose to put me under 35. Totally doable before I step foot on the bus.

10. clayshot

clayshot Light Load Member

Oct 30, 2013
    near Philly, Pa.
    Well, I got my marching orders today. Will be in Salt Lake the 25th of NOV. Since I already have m CDL A, but have been out of driving for so long I'm in what they refer to as a ''refresher program''.
    Initially when she said ''2 week refresher'', I was more than a bit concerned. I thought that was it, then I'd be thrown to the wolves! :biggrin_2555: I was thinking, wow, can I really get back into the swing of things and learn all I need to know? I was thinking, NO WAY! I was going to decline the invitation and look for something else. Then I thought, you know, showing up is 90% of it. After another conversation, I got the full details. The 2 weeks is in school training, then 4-5 weeks out with a trainer.

CR might not be my first choice, but I'm going in ready for anything they throw at me. My wife and I have resigned ourselves to the fact, we are not going to see each other very often.
    Come h##l or high water, I am determine to make it. Failure is not an option, never has, never will be for me.

I'm still debating whether to take my lap top or not. Trying to decide about getting a smart phone rather than what I got. I'm pretty low tech. Not sure if I could even figure out how to use the darn thing. :biggrin_25523:

11. dfaf

dfaf Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2013
    California
    I'd say go with a smart phone over the laptop. I've been talking with my friend who is a company driver for CR, he told me I won't even have time to mess with a laptop when I'm with the trainer, so don't bother packing it. You have a workbook you have go through while on the trainer truck and you are expected to be grilled by your trainer with questions the entire time you are in the truck. If you aren't asking questions the trainer will be talking you through everything you are doing/expected to do. At least this was his experience.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.