It is decided: I will be training with Wilson Logistics (Wil Trans)

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Gambosa, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Gambosa

Gambosa Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Oklahoma
    I would say, since it is on your FMCSA & you know that for sure, definitely include it on your application. It is going to show up when they run their check on you any way. I want to say that it is only preventable accidents within the past 12 months that would keep you from being hired, though I could be wrong about that.....

COBB2070 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Falcone

Mark Falcone Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2013
    Bronx, NY
    The owner Darryl Wilson is a dynamite guy. He's a friend of mine. You made a good choice. He treats his drivers like family. He's a real personable guy

Gambosa and COBB2070 Thank this.
  4. Gambosa

Dec 3, 2018
    Oklahoma
    That is very good to know :)

dwells40 Thanks this.
  5. Gambosa

Dec 3, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Well, Wilson sent me home. Said I am definitely trainable, but need a longer program than theirs...... they didn’t do nearly as much actual driving of the trucks as I expected them to. Of course weather was an issue. Training in the spring in Missouri, but we were fortunate enough to not get hit by any of those darned tornadoes that blasted Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri & Arkansas during the time I was there. We did have two tornado warnings that I was aware of though.

COBB2070 and SHOJim Thank this.
  6. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    He'll also be bankrupt if he leases a truck through them....lol

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    COBB2070 and Chinatown Thank this.
  7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Hope he doesn't.

tow614 and COBB2070 Thank this.
  8. COBB2070

COBB2070 Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2018
    SoCal...The OC
    Sorry to hear that. But two weeks? Was it not getting seat time or not enough instruction? And did they give a specific reason like backing or shifting that needed work. They were 1 of 3 places I was considering.

9. Gambosa

Dec 3, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Their actual training before you head out on a truck is only one week, unfortunately.

COBB2070 Thanks this.
  10. Gambosa

Dec 3, 2018
    Oklahoma
    They did not name anything specific. I thought about asking for a copy of what their trainers said concerning me, but didn’t figure they would give it to me. He said with another week they thought I would have completely got it...... My classmates & most of the trainers we worked with on backing seemed to think I did well at that, so I was a little confused. They apparently felt I may have been a little nervous or even overwhelmed. So, if you’re nervous, don’t show it at all.....

COBB2070 Thanks this.
  11. Gambosa

Dec 3, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Also we each bobtailed literally one time & drove with a trailer one time as well...... We each expected to do that at least 3-5 times a student. I bet we straight line backed about 50 times each. I know backing is difficult & very important but going forward is also necessary & should be taught more.

COBB2070 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.