JB HUNT Ripping off Owner operators Badly

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Hhiggnsfrans, May 13, 2024.

1. Hhiggnsfrans

Hhiggnsfrans Bobtail Member

May 13, 2024
    We are already moving jb hunt empty trailers for free when doing power only loads. Before picking up a power only load jb hunt demands owner operators pickup empty trailer hours away. And drop it where driver is picking up a loaded trailer all that for free. Same when trip is over and we do not want to take another cheap load from them. Jb requires an empty trailer to be delivered for free far away after a power only delivery. Not only is jb hunt tricking owner operators to work for free but jb rates are now between 1.30 to 1.40 per mile. Which will be less than a dollar if the free trailer moves are calculated into that. When on the other hand brokers are paying much more like 1.80 to 2.15 for power only loads. No free empty trailer moves like jb does. Better to start looking somewhere else like hire a dispacher or lease. Greedy ripoff jb hunt taking advantage of owner operators.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    Did you ever think to say no? We don't move your trailers for free.

4. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
  5. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    You do that for free?
    1.65/mile empty plus fsc with $100 minimum per move.
    I have moved 5 empty trailers to spot to load, you think their daycab local drivers work for free?

6. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Consider buying your own trailers and getting away from power only.
    Prices have come way down and there’s an abundance of them available now.

HaglerFan, Hhiggnsfrans and TheLoadOut Thank this.
  7. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    JB can't be tricking O/O',s, when they know about it, and have the ability to say "NO"....

8. Hhiggnsfrans

May 13, 2024
    Jb hunt does not have fsc or $100 dollar minimum trailer moves for owner operators with their own authority. I even spoke to a lady who is leased to jb hunt and she spoke to me about their cheap lease pay also.
    With jb hunt yes drivers are forced to pull free empty trailer moves for hours. Or else power only owner operators get no work. I only did a few moves I am done with jb hunt. Look at this screen shot of them paying 1.30 to 1.20 per mile. Keep in mind the bids mean nothing as jb hunt does not give what you bid. After a bid Jb hunt counter offers by 1 or 2 pennies. After the third counter offer jb hunt removes their penny counter offers. Screenshot_20240513-185141_Carrier 360.jpg

9. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Go to Schneider..
    Lease on, at least they give 5-6k lease on incentives 65% or an all in rate.

Hhiggnsfrans Thanks this.
  10. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    $1.30 per mile to Texas lol, does JB hunt include the driver and fuel on top of that rate?

Hhiggnsfrans Thanks this.
  11. Hhiggnsfrans

May 13, 2024
    I think it is because nobody at jb hunt explains nothing when signing up but caught off guard with ripoff surprises in the middle of the job. When owner operators book their first jb hunt load if it is an amazon load an empty trailer does not have to be taken. Most loads are not amazon. But empty free trailer does need to be moved after each run on amazon loads.
    On all other loads empty trailer needs to be moved for hours for free.
    After driver is near the facility to pickup their first non amazon power only load. Jb hunt calls driver and says an empty must be delivered to the shipper before picking up power only load from them. Jb hunt are tricky ripoffs

Last edited: May 13, 2024
    Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.