JB HUNT ,started 07/26/10

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by reddogg71, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Sorry but you are absolutely WRONG! A 1500 mile run to a live unload, followed by a good nights rest on the next shippers property for a 1500 mile load HOME is how trucking is. I honestly can't see why some of you people make excuses for the very people that would take the word of some drunk driver over yours in the form of a call in.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MrMustard

MrMustard Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Dayton, Ohio
    In the last 8-10 years companies like Walmart started building more warehouses and distribution centers to cut transportation costs. 1500 mile runs are the exception these days not the rule. The average dry box load these days is 500-600 miles. That's just the reality. If you want to average 1500 miles a load, then pull reefers.

4. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Overall 1500 mile loads are not the rule but theres still plenty of them available. I do pull reefers, as a matter of fact I'm picking up a dry load right now in Harrisburg NC on my still damp reefer that's going to Wal Mart in Sanger Tx. Your absolutely right about companies building more DC's to cut costs but they still purchase wherever the cheap stuff is and I am here to haul it. Theres still plenty of money to be made in trucking you just have to get away from the companies that feel a starving driver on every street corner in America at the ready is the way to get ahead.

5. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    I work out of their Scranton DCS. I believe you get $500 after their first load and another $500 after 1 month.

6. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    The JB requirements for a hard break are as follows.
    The truck has to be going faster than 25MPH.
    The truck has to slow down at 9MPH in less that 3 seconds to record a Hard break.
    A message is sent to Lowwell and forwarded within 30 minutes to your terminal. They will send you a message to call in and explain the incedent.
    They also have Google Earth and will get a snapshot of your exact GPS location to confirm any accident. I have actually seen this so I know it is in effect.
    3 hard breaks in 30 days and you are terminated.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.