Joining CDN was a mistake.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Numbnuts69, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Numbnuts69

Numbnuts69 Light Load Member

May 25, 2018
    I did orientation for CDN out of Northlake IL. on May 16th and 17th. Got my trukk on May 18th. Every instinct told me to leave that company the week following the Memorial Day weekend. I had the misfortune of talking to some yahoos that claimed to be in management and they said the issues I had brought up could be improved. Unfortunately I decided to stikk with it.
    The trukk had a few minor issues. The apu didn't work,battery box had no cover and some previous driver had cut the wire for the seat belt sensor. Nothing too major that couldn't be fixed with with a little time and money. Discussed that with the degenerate at the leasing company and was told they would work on getting those things corrected. Never happened.
    On June 3rd I stopped in Rawlins WY. for the day. Left trukk idling for the dog so he could be comfortable when I went in to do laundry. Finished that task and returned to the trukk and saw coolant pouring from the radiator. Got trukk to a trukk shop the next day after I made my delivery. Did a pressure test and did not find anything obvious. Was told leak is probably somewhere in the engine.
    Pikked up my next load on June 6th to Riverside CA. and made it to Barstow that night. June 7th about 30 miles out of Barstow the amber engine lights came on and a code saying poor DEF quality appeared on the little screen. The trukk did make it to the delivery location. It derated 25%. Made it to Santa Fe Springs CA. to drop my empty trailer. Was supposed to pikk up another empty trailer but of course they didn't have any because they sukk. Told the dispatcher that night about the trukks issues and told him I would like to get to the nearest Freightliner shop to have it diagnosed. He said no problem. Talked to the moron who was my dispatcher the next day and he said go to the shop because he didn't have any loads for me anyways.
    The next day at the Freightliner shop I was told the trukk needed a new onebox. Was told that would be around $13,000 for the repair which I did not have. Of course that was after sitting there all day. Talked to the winner on night dispatch again and he said he would get e-mails out to the appropriate people but I would probably not here anything til Monday because it was late on Friday and that I could go to a trukk stop for the weekend.
    Monday comes along and not a peep from anyone. Same thing on Tuesday. Wednesday I get a text from the cretin who was my dispatcher. He said the wrong thing at the wrong time and I told him what I thought of him. I did not like him from the moment I met him. Later that day I said f it and did a complete regen. At that time I had four different lights on the dash a figured I had absolutely nothing to lose. About 25 minutes of doing the regen three of the lights went out. Took it for a test spin later that night and the trukk was running fine.
    Have been trying to get a load to anywhere since Thursday and they will not even think about helping me out. I even told them I didn't want to get paid for the load,I just wanted to get moving. Nothing.
    Today is June 16th and being the jerk that I am I tried again to see if they had any loads. Nothing. I sent messages over the Peoplenet system. These degenerates don't have the common decency to reply bakk. And that includes someone who's supposed to be in charge. This is my 1st time and probably my last doing a lease purchase program. Does anyone know why they would be willing to keep me on when I wanted to leave after less than 2 weeks to all of a sudden treating me like I were a leper? I probably could have been nicer telling my former dispatcher that he was the worse I had ever dealt with. That unfortunately is the honest to God truth. I am now planning my trip bakk to IL. It will be on my own dime because they will not give me a load and therefore the fuel card doesn't work. I tried to do what I thought was the right thing but that proved to be a mistake. Sorry this is so wordy but I have a very difficult time believing all these issues are a 1st time occurance. I honestly believe I got lured in like the idiot that I am.

driverdriver Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Obvious example of "Run it until it sounds expensive!"
    If you would have gotten the truck fixed when you noticed something wrong, you might not be looking at a $13,000 repair.

Now that you royally broke the truck, you wonder why they are not helping?

I mean leasing is stupid, as the odds are stacked against the driver. If you do lease though treat it like rhe business it isand not an "Oh shiney truck" driver.

Smut, Lonesome and Broke Down 69 Thank this.
  4. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Thank you for your honestly.

5. Warrior Cat

Warrior Cat Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Well, I'll be....

6. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Good luck on that eastbound trip.

7. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
  8. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Well, at least you realise, now, you were dumb to get involved in one of those lease purchase deals.

They don’t call them “Fleece Purchase” for nothing.

Good luck in future endeavors.

Broke Down 69, Lonesome and Numbnuts69 Thank this.
  9. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    I don't think that truck will make it back to Chicago. When did CDN start offering a lease deal? Last I checked they were only O/O. The sister company with the black day cabs has local company drivers.

10. Numbnuts69

Numbnuts69 Light Load Member

May 25, 2018
    Only time will tell. Will update.

11. Lab work

Lab work Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    Did the company provide any amount of time or miles for covering the repairs? Maybe two weeks or 2000 miles.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.