Just Wanted to Say Thanks to the Peterbuilt Forum & Members

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by 36750177, Apr 9, 2018.

1. 36750177

36750177 Light Load Member

Sep 10, 2014
    I drive a 2012 Volvo VNL 670 with 875,913 miles, a company truck & yes it's a P. O. S. but it still looks pretty decent for it's age. I encountered a fuel tank issue yesterday, fuel was pulling from the passenger side tank only, the drivers side tank was still full. I was at the end of my 11 hr. shift & I wanted to check why the fuel gauge was still showing both tanks as being full after driving 225 miles since I left Petro on I-90 in MT. Each tank is 100 gallons. I was going to search the Forums here first but instead I Googled; 2012 Volvo fuel pulling from passenger side tank and it brought up this link from March 12th, 2012 to the Truckers Report; https://www.thetruckersreport.com/t...-not-drawing-from-passenger-side-tank.172293/

This thread alone helped me to determine what my problem was. I tried to remove the rubber tube from the brass nipple & plug on top of the tank & the brass nipple came off with the tube. The vent tube on the drivers side tank was clogged. I started the truck up and let it idle for half hour & noticed the fuel gauge started moving. I couldn't believe my eyes when the gauge went from full & settled at just below 3/4 tank full. I ran the truck this morning another 211 miles, made a delivery & picked up my back haul and said to myself this may have fixed my issues. I went ahead and topped off both tanks and ran 615 miles this afternoon & everything seems to be back to normal in my P. O. S. 2012 VNL 760.

Thanks again and the Truckers Report has shown to be a invaluable website & resource to Professional Commercial Truck Drivers

Oxbow, BigBob410, SAR and 1 other person Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
    If you fixed the Volvo like a Pete probably go faster

4. Baty Dispatch

Baty Dispatch Light Load Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Nevada
    Don't sweat your POS, all trucks are POS's after that many miles and most trucks with Paccar moters are sooner. ;)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.