K&B Transportation, S. Sioux City NE

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Bigslim1955, Jul 9, 2018.

1. dogtrucker

dogtrucker Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    You get a little more per week if you park your truck near one of the busier locations like New London WI, Rochelle IL, Zeeland Mi; probably some others.
    If you live near one these locations (I don't know all of them) you not only get paid a bit more but you get good home time also.

This account was a better deal a couple years ago - I used to average less than 2000 miles/ week; it was easy. Now, we have to drive more. Still, not a bad deal.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dogtrucker

dogtrucker Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    The main recruiting guy has been waging a full on war against critics on Glass Door.

Need4Speed Thanks this.
  4. Manny Opinion

Manny Opinion Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Well if you haven't noticed Lonesome didn't offer up his company's name I'd say he doesn't want any competition for a job there. And as for competing for a job it sounds to me like you have to be a serious butt kisser. It ain't me. I'd rather settle for the Lesser. And there's nothing wrong with my driving record. Not a blemish.

5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    No need to advertise....

Broke Down 69 and 88 Alpha Thank this.
  6. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    That’s what I had to do. I sat across the desk from the man that owns the company (small 25 truck outfit) and answer questions and listen to him explain the work (I never pulled a pneumatic before).

Then I had to take about a 15 mile road test pulling a loaded trailer in the rain (gasp! Lol).

I was the first driver he had hired in over a year and he was only hiring because 2 of his drivers decided to slip seat a truck for whatever reason and he needed a driver for the empty truck.

I got my foot in the door by pure luck. I had met one his drivers a week earlier and that guy recommended me because he was impressed with me after our conversation.

Right place at the right time you might say.

Broke Down 69 and Lonesome Thank this.
  7. line

line Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2017
    My last road test lasted three days . I wanted to stab my road tester at the end but instead I bought him a beer cuz he passed me off

8. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    ,,,,and you resisted the urge to bite him....

Broke Down 69, Frank Speak and mjd4277 Thank this.
  9. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    The thought always crosses my mind.

Broke Down 69, Lonesome and mjd4277 Thank this.
  10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Loaded trailer in the rain sure beats an empty. :eek:

11. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Sounds to me like k@b is figuring out they won't have drivers if they don't pay well and treat em like poo poo ....nice to see change !

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.