KING OF FREIGHT - BEWARE

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by TTurner210, Sep 26, 2018.

1. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    You're right. I should have. I'm not on top of my game yet. I also had a similar opportunity with Optimal Freight. I had a signed rate con early Friday morning for a Monday pick in Baltimore delivering next day to Trenton OH. At 1pm he sends me an email saying they ran of metal and had to push it back until Wednesday. Obviously, this is not going to work for me. I invoice a $150 TONU and he claims he's not paying it because he technically didn't "cancel" the load but "postponed" it instead.

Fast forward to Monday and he's emailing me asking if I was still interested in the load because one of the other Carriers bailed on him. Karma! I really missed a great opportunity for revenge. I'm flabbergasted he contacted me at all. Clearly Optimal Freight is delusional if they think anyone in their right mind would be so foolish to deal with a Broker who does not honor a contract. It's the very glue that holds everything together. It's bad enough we can't trust each other by our words anymore and have to rely on said contract so when even printed in the first place but now signed words aren't even sticky enough. Pathetic.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    Being late for the load is your fault, based on your post. You knew when it picked up, how far it was, and when it delivered. That's all on you. If you didn't have the hours to run it you shouldn't have booked the load.

On a side note, you do know you can run on recap hours right? You don't have to reset every time you run out of hours unless you used them all up in 5 days.

whoopNride Thanks this.
  4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    So you can't make your commits, make up bs (You don't have to take a reset, you chose to). Also, if you knew they push late loads and are cheap, why did you haul for them?
    Oh don't get me wrong. The broker is likely scum, but at what point do you look in the mirror?

p608 and RStewart Thank this.
  5. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    I had to drive 2600 miles. They loaded me on noon EST Friday. How many miles would I have to drive per day to make it Monday delivery? you do the math...

6. RStewart

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    Why did you book the load? You should've known before that you couldn't make it. I don't need to do the math cause I would've have booked the load.

7. mitmaks

May 16, 2014
    Dispatcher booked it, I just say either Yay or nay to load offers. Every time Ive dealt with other brokers delivery time is flexible, they understand how HOS work and that I cant driver 800+ miles a day.

8. RStewart

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    Then you should've said nay on this one. Just use this mistake as a learning experience and grow from it. About half of my loads are open windows the rest are appointments.

9. mitmaks

May 16, 2014
    Nah, broker ####ed up, sold us a late load, that should've picked up wed/Thursday at the latest in order to deliver on monday. If youre not a rookier driver you would already know that, but I dont have to explain myself to anyone.

10. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Even at Swift drivers were expected to refuse loads that could not be done within HOS. Are you saying you work for a company worse than Swoft?

11. RStewart

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    Well, I am a rookie driver. I've only been trucking for 21 years so I do still have a lot of learning to do. I know when the load should've been picked up to deliver on time. So the load info you looked at to decide if you wanted the load said to pick up Friday and deliver Monday or did the into show the load picking up earlier? Did you not know ALL the details of the load before you accepted it? That would be a big rookie move if you didn't.

Bottom line is the broker sold you all an impossible load, BUT you and the dispatcher BOTH accepted the load so it's YOUR fault you're in the situation you're in.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.