Kinight Intermodal

Discussion in 'Knight' started by MADLUX, Feb 11, 2010.

1. MADLUX

MADLUX Bobtail Member

Nov 2, 2008

Like this doesn't happen at every trucking company world wide. Fact of the matter is 95% of the drivers out here are lazy, and want to do the bare minimum, but expect top pay. Now mind you I don't know what your situation was but there is probably more to the story that hasn't been said.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I can pretty much sum up my work ethic, I am a dispatchers dream. Knight has one size fits all rules that hinder performance. It helps those businessmen but does nothing for the individual driver. Don't like it, quit nobody cares.

Your right that is 95% of them but why would you not want to work for that 5%. it's actually much greater than 5% but no sense in argueing about that.

I would get on the phone with Knight and see what they offer you. Hold them to YOUR standards if in fact you are a professional driver and tell them where to stick it if and when they jack you around. A professional looks out for all drivers by not being treated like a slave. When I say standards I'm talking a reasonable living and honesty, not the silver platter that some think I am refering too. I know some drivers do just fine at Knight but that doesn't change my opinion that they are just yet another mega junk carrier that offers nothing in terms of a future with them.

4. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Yer full of brown stuff. No f'in driver is "lazy" if they work about 70 hours a week, stay out more than they are home, and want what's due. You want to see lazy f'cks, watch CSPAN or hang out at the local disability office.

5. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    I considered driving OTR to be a easy job and pretty boring for the most part. I mean you have nothing much else to do but work when you are away from home and living out of a space smaller then a half bath.

Driving was really not work for me until about the 500 mile mark, then I would have to work a little harder to keep my concentration on what I was doing. Yep if you used to do 15 to 20 stops a day and unload your own truck every day, before you drove OTR, doing the OTR gig was a walk in the park.

70 hrs a week sounds like a lot but that's only 10 hrs a day for 7 days. That still left me 28hrs a week besides the 10hr break that I had to fill up with things to make the time go by faster. Would of been better if I could of used those hours to make more money.

6. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona
    you could always hustle other drivers for their loose change.

7. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Polish things for drivers.
    :biggrin_25517:

8. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.